Reporting to the Technical Team Lead, the Software Developer will build information systems by studying operations along with designing, developing, and installing software solutions. This role will maintain current systems and software by adding new features and creating innovative software and functionality. The Software Developer must have the ability to work individually as well as within a team atmosphere on tasks and projects with challenging deadlines.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; and following the software development lifecycle.
- Work within an Agile environment
- Create, test and promote software coding.
- Solve problems arising from errors and issues related to software.
- Ensure feasible coding habits and clarity with code, for future use.
- Comprehend code and make it more efficient, as well as add to existing code without breaking functionality and logic.
- Learn information that may not be related solely to programming to improve comprehension.
- Set up monitoring tools; check to ensure systems are healthy and running; look for defects to ensure data is valid.
- Learn various software applications.
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
Qualifications and Education
- Education in Computer Science or other education related to programming.
- Proven technical knowledge and working experience in software engineering.
- Database experience using SQL (MS SQL and/or Postgres).
- Experience using React.js would be an asset.
- Ability to "think outside the box". Software Development Fundamentals and process.
- Software Design, documentation, testing.
ESC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
and include in the email subject the position you are applying for. Posting closes October 26th. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted: February 25, 2019
Closes: April 26, 2019