Do you like building software from ground up? Do you want to revolutionize the way people manage, visualize and interact with large amounts of data?
Come and join the Amazon QuickSight in AWS - we are always building something new and improving something we have built. Amazon QuickSight is a fast, cloud-powered BI service that makes it easy to build visualizations, perform ad-hoc analysis, and quickly get business insights from your data. Using QuickSight, customers can easily connect to their data, perform advanced analysis, share and collaborate via dashboards and email reports. Amazon QuickSight also offers Super-fast, Parallel, In-memory Calculation Engine ("SPICE") and it is engineered to rapidly perform advanced calculations and serve data.
As more data is being generated in the cloud and tens of thousands of customers migrating their on-premises data into the AWS cloud, Amazon QuickSight is positioned to change the business analytics. Regardless of whether the data is in Files (desktop or S3), SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, MariaDB), AWS data stores (Athena, RDS, RedShift, Aurora), or SaaS business applications (Salesforce, Twitter, etc.), Amazon QuickSight makes it easy for our customers analyze and get insights instantly. Our mission is to devise new, innovative ways to simplify data management and analysis and get insights fast, and let our customers focus more on running their business using those insights, and not worry about infrastructure management.
As an engineer in Amazon QuickSight, you will have opportunities to work on ambiguous and complex problems, which have product wide significant impact. You will have opportunities to influence both the team's technical and the product's business strategies. You will have opportunities to do cross-team collaboration and influence the overall technical architecture of the product. You will have opportunities to come up with new ideas and strategies (bottom up projects), and influence both the product and management to get them prioritized and execute.
• Translate functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture/design/working software solutions.
• Code and test system components; participate in code and design reviews.
• Demonstrate ownership of end-to-end code quality, system tests, functional tests, and integration.
• Partner/Collaborate across teams/roles to deliver results.
• Be responsible for overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance.
• Mentor other engineers, define the technical culture, and help grow the team.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 3+ years' experience writing large scale systems in a combination of C/C++ or Java and be familiar with software development under UNIX/Linux.
• Candidates must have a strong computer science background. A Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
• Solid communication skills and ability to work well in a team are critical.
• Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems.
• Experience with database systems, query optimization, and storage systems.
• Experience with large-scale data analytics and data warehousing.
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, OS and distributed systems.
• Understanding of system performance and scaling.
• Possess excellent communication, sharp analytical abilities, and proven design skills.
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science a plus
Software and Programming