Requisition ID: 138510
At Scotiabank Digital Factory, the reach and opportunity of a global organization meets the passion and drive of a startup. Reinvention starts here-and it starts with you.
We believe that the pathway to success is paved with user feedback, so we're constantly asking our customers how they want to bank. When we find an opportunity to make things people will love, we assemble teams of specialists to collaborate in Digital Factories in Canada, Chile, Mexico, Peru, and Colombia. We work fast, and we work smart. Join us to create meaningful experiences and build the bank of tomorrow for our customers around the world.
If you'd like to learn more about our Digital Banking career opportunities, explore our Communities of Practice, or hear from our leaders, check out our Technology at Scotia career page.
At Scotia Digital, we design and build digital capabilities to promote the financial wellbeing of our customers. Reinventing customer experience starts here - and it starts with you.
A Software Developer contributes to the overall success of the Online Digital Banking / Business Area in Canada / Country / Region / globally ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
Where could you work? Both at home and in the office.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain different applications
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards
- Work with Delivery Leads and BSA's to articulate efforts and compile estimates
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment
We're working towards a future that is digital by default and creating a local Hub in Vancouver.
This hybrid role offers the opportunity both to work remotely and head to the Hub to collaborate in person, co-creating a cohesive and inclusive culture with your Vancouver team. Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?We'd love to work with you if you have:
What's in it for you?
- 5+ years of progressive experience working in the IT industry in roles like developer and team lead
- Expert level experience in the following technologies: Java / ReactJS / NodeJS
- Deep knowledge of HTML / CSS / SASS (BEM, OOCSS, SMACSS, CSS3 Animations, Semantic HTML)
- Current on industry best practice and secure coding
- Analyze and oversee the team's development efforts working towards successful code delivery
- Extensive experience in designing and developing enterprise grade software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills coupled with strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Time management skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.Job Segment:
Developer, Test Engineer, Software Engineer, Web Design, Java, Technology, Engineering, Creative
Engineering Information Technology