The Gameplay Programmer is a versatile generalist that will apply your game dev expertise to our real-time experiences in a variety of areas such as character AI, animation, multiplayer networking, rendering, cinematic sequences, visual effects and audio. You will be working on the world’s most advanced multi-media attraction, for one of the world’s largest theme parks, with one of the world’s most beloved IPs.
· Collaborate with designers, artists and other engineers to create great VR/AR experiences
· Design and build efficient, maintainable and adaptable technologies and code
· Play an active role in identifying and resolving issues in production or processes
· May lead a small team, and willing and able to provide positive mentorship and training for junior programmers
· Play a proactive role in code optimization to improve performance
· Demonstrate a strong understanding of data structures, logic, and algorithm skills, and a broad understanding of game systems
· Design sustainable APIs and proactively maintain and manage their lifecycles
· Demonstrate an eagerness to participate in many areas of game or ride experience development
· Minimum of 3 years’ professional experience
· Shipped at least one video game or software application
· Experience in the design and implementation of various game systems such as AI, animation, rendering, physics, etc.
· Prior development work with client/ server game or software systems
· Expert knowledge of Unity, Unreal, or other similar game engines
· Strong understanding of general and 3D math
· Excellent problem solving abilities
· A passion for new and advanced technologies
· A positive attitude, and proven ability to work well within a team environment towards a common goal
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, physics or a related field
· Experience with Git, Perforce, Jira, Confluence
· Experience with C#, Java, HLSL/Cg shaders
· Experience with Test Driven development
· Experience with VR or AR development
· Experience shipping multiple game titles
Connect with employer:
About DreamCraft Attractions Ltd.
DreamCraft Attractions creates advanced high-tech attractions for the world’s largest theme parks. We combine programmable ride systems and mechanical engineering with AAA game dev princi...