Finning International Inc.Number of Openings:
As a Full Stack Software Developer, you'll tasked with solving the most challenging technical problems and collaborating with other Developers on your team. You will utilize your technical skills to contribute to architecture and technology choices - and together with our Lead Developer, you will be the voice of experience to less senior team members. You will be building MVPs and POCs as well as scalable enterprise applications. You will be part of a small team building the next generation of customer facing applications and solutions.
Our Global Digital Services team is spread around the globe and you'll work with Finning counterparts across our 3 Regions - Canada, South America and the UK & Ireland.
Are you hungry to learn and flourish in a dynamic, high-growth, and entrepreneurial environment? Keep reading and apply below!Job Description: What You'll Do:
Who You Are:
- Interact with product and project managers, vendors and other team members working as a collaborative agile team
- Design, code and test new solutions, building test automation and CI/CD automation
- Write clean code that is modular, efficient, and maintainable
- Build APIs, web-services, and other integrations
- Constantly communicate with other members of your team such as the testers, other developers and product managers
- Work with distributed teams in other Finning locations in Canada (Vancouver & Edmonton), Chile (Santiago) and the United Kingdom (Cannock)
- Participate in stand-ups, demos and sprint reviews
- Participate in grooming sessions to flesh out the details developers need to action user stories
- Offer technical estimates to help prioritize backlog of user stories
- Actively participate in scrums, team meetings and collaborate with other within Finning and our regions across the globe
- Ongoing interaction with Technical Delivery Teams to acquire clarification of technical solutions of new and existing functionality
- Grow to be technical to-go-person and IT generalist for less experienced team members regarding questions about our full architecture / stack of applications including but not limiting to Azure Front door, Azure Application Gateway, Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), Azure Cloud, MS SQL DB, Azure Pipelines, C#.net based custom backend, Razor frontend application, Java-based middle-ware, Vue.js based frontend.
- Work as trusted person for Lead Developer to develop together our perfect software development processes, way of working and next generation architecture for finning.com.
- Be the perfect example of the right attitude and commitment our team shows to our stakeholders.
- You have an Undergraduate Degree or Diploma in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- You have 8+ years of Software Development experience
- You are passionate about building software with the customer in mind
- You are an exploratory developer with a proactive and curious personality
- You have worked in an Agile process and you're able to document user stories build acceptance criteria
- You have experience with DevOps tooling
- You are comfortable balancing multiple projects and priorities in a highly dynamic, rapidly growing and evolving environment
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit, balancing velocity and quality against business needs
- You have the willingness and flexibility to work across different time zones with collaborators across the globe
- You have track record of delivering and working well within a team of remote workers.
- You have a great sense of humour - we work hard, and have fun doing it!
- You have hunger to learn and ability to flourish in a dynamic, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment
- Spanish speaking skills are a bonus
Other Desired Experience:
- You have direct experience or you have been part of a team implementing Adobe AEM or similar web content management system (AEM 6.5 is a plus)
- You have experience with RESTful and SOAP-based web services
- You have experience in working with content management technologies
- You have a minimum of2 years of J2EE programming experience required
- You have experience with secure coding practices
- You have experience with object-oriented design and design patterns
- You have good estimation abilities in scoping development work
- You have been part of solution design, documentation and deployment with cloud platforms
- You have had exposure to open-source technologies
- You have experience building, deploying and supporting Internet-facing applications
- Superior problem solving, organizational, decision-making, written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Infrastructure Automation experience, including CD/CI design and implementation
- Experience with Adobe Target not required, but considered a plus
- Knowledge of Sling, Spring and Struts Framework, or other MVC frameworks.
- CMS, Mobile, Azure stack experience
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.