We're looking for a Software Developer, DevOps who can help us support the development organization to deliver value to customers in a reliable, efficient, and safe manner. You'll do this by solving problems and creating infrastructure, software, and processes. You'll be working in a focused team that owns one or more pieces of the production application environment and the developer experience. While based in Hootsuite's Vancouver office, you will report to the Director, Production Operations and Delivery. You can also work remotely from your cozy home office anywhere in Ontario, Alberta or BC with occasional travel to Vancouver. WHAT YOU'LL DO:
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Write software - tools, libraries, automation, services
- Design and build our infrastructure platform
- Identify and implement new platform features
- Research and evaluate new technologies
- Refactor, rewrite, or retire existing platform features
- Operate our developer experience and production application environments
- Diagnose and repair our distributed systems
- Perform maintenance, upgrades and migrations
- Control of eliminate repetitive tasks, alert noise, and business-as-usual work
- Enable development teams
- Provide executable interfaces to our infrastructure platform
- Provide tools and best practices to support the entire software development lifecycle
- Participate in a flexible on-call rotation
- Communicate by writing documentation, participating in meetings, and showing off your work at demos
WHO YOU ARE:
- A degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience intermediate-level experience working in an SRE, DevOps or software engineering role
- An ability to write software and working knowledge of software engineering practice
- Experience using infrastructure-as-code tools to build and run cloud infrastructure
- Open Communication: clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Self Development: is personally committed to, and actively works to continuously improve
- Problem Solving: uses an organized and logical approach to find solutions to complex problems. Looks beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of problems
- Resilience, Tolerance for Change/Ambiguity: can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects
- Preferred. Working knowledge of Linux systems administration, including troubleshooting system-level issues, networking (L3-L7) and basic monitoring
- Preferred. Experience with operating, building and maintaining cloud infrastructure
Share our values:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues, and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
We champion the power of human connection. We're united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success. Make an impact:
Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact. Learn and grow:
We're committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other's growth.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Our purpose is to champion the power of human connection and the heart of connection is inclusion. You belong here.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Manufacturing and Production Operations and Logistics