MicroSurvey Software Inc., part of Hexagon, develops and markets specialized software for Land Surveyors, Civil Engineers, Mapping Professionals, Police Officers and Accident Reconstruction Specialists. Our head office is in West Kelowna, British Columbia, but our team is mostly remote. Learn more at www.microsurvey.com .About the Position
We are looking for an experienced C++ Software Developer to join our team and advance their career!
Our ideal candidate has 3+ years of experience developing software in a professional environment, intermediate to advanced C++ development and other requisite skills, and a passion for building professional applications with a very large code base and many complex, interconnected components. We want someone with enough knowledge and experience to quickly become a productive and valued part of our team, with a commitment to continuous learning and the ability to learn and master new technologies.
Your first three months are focused on learning about our company and our products, getting to know your teammates and working with them to understand our development tools and processes. You can then dive into our vast codebase, tackling assigned work items to improve our product. By the end of your first year, you will be a productive member of our highly supportive and collaborative team!
This is a remote position, and you will work primarily out of your own home office. However, we require that you be a Canadian resident and follow a work schedule that overlaps with the rest of our team. Occasional travel to our West Kelowna office may be required.Responsibilities
- You will work as part of a diverse team to take new product ideas from concept to delivery
- You will work both independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively in cross-functional teams
- You will mentor and guide your teammates of all experience levels
- You will design and develop software solutions in a team environment based on provided requirements
- You will write project design specifications following requirements and best-practices
- You will derive development time estimates and timelines based on project design
- You will write new code and maintain existing code, applying unit tests for code validation
- You will use our established software development standards and practices
- You will participate in code reviews
- You will conduct functional testing of your work before assigning it to QA
- You will review project requirement specifications and provide advice on project feasibility
- You will use source control to manage code effectively
- You will advise on selecting, implementing, and refining internal development tools and processes
- You will collaborate with the technical support team on critical customer issues
Software and Programming