The Backend Systems Programmer contributes to development of the core tools and technologies that drive our real-time attractions with a very high level of uptime and reliability. You will implement highly robust large-scale networking and software deployment techniques, DevOps, and full-stack development in both Windows and Linux environments. You will be working on the world’s most advanced multi-media attraction, for one of the world’s largest theme parks, with one of the world’s most beloved IPs.
· Work closely with designers, artists and other engineers to create great VR/AR experiences
· Design and build efficient, maintainable and reliable technologies and code
· Play an active role in identifying and resolving issues in production, systems architecture or processes
· May lead a small team; willing and able to provide positive mentorship and training for junior programmers
· Play a proactive role in code optimization to improve performance
· Demonstrate an eagerness to participate in many areas of game or ride experience development
· Design sustainable APIs and proactively maintain and manage their lifecycles
· Experience with full-stack development, backend systems, frontend UI, and have a design sense for interactivity
· Exposure to game development, either as a hobby or professionally (preferred)
· Experience with Node.js, preferably in conjunction with game development or non-web applications (i.e. physical installations or embedded systems)
· Experience developing RESTful APIs
· Ability to develop data-driven frontends using component frameworks such as React, Angular, Vue, Polymer, etc.
· Good understanding of HTML5, CSS3, SASS and other modern web languages/frameworks
· General understanding of networking principles (TCP/UDP, sockets, broadcast vs. multicast, http)
· A positive attitude, and proven ability to work well within a team environment towards a common goal
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
· Experience with Websockets, Socket.io
· Experience with Git, Perforce, Jira, Confluence
· Experience with Unity and C#
· Dev-ops experience
· Build systems for games (i.e. Jenkins)
· Test automation
Connect with employer:
About DreamCraft Attractions Ltd.
DreamCraft Attractions creates advanced high-tech attractions for the world’s largest theme parks. We combine programmable ride systems and mechanical engineering with AAA game dev princi...