We're looking for Senior Software Developer on our Back End Platform team to help us design, build, and maintain many of the services and technologies that are central to Hootsuite's infrastructure, providing critical business value every day. You'll be taking on new problems across our microservice architecture and network edge, driving technical design and implementation both within your team and with other teams, and helping to move our technology forward. While based in Hootsuite's Vancouver office, you will report to Manager, Software Development. WHAT YOU'LL DO:
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Collaborate with and lead your team to design, build, test, and ship high quality software, tooling, and infrastructure for Hootsuite development teams.
- Help shape Hootsuite's technical roadmap.
- Help your team identify and evaluate candidate technical solutions, iterating in an agile fashion with incremental code shipments through continuous integration.
- Shape Hootsuite's culture, and your teams, through improved tooling, streamlining processes, and working across team boundaries.
- Maintain and improve Hootsuite's unified auth infrastructure, microservice communications, and common services (written in Go and Scala).
- Work across Hootsuite's development and operations teams to implement changes to our architecture and infrastructure in order to improve reliability, performance, and developer efficiency.
WHO YOU ARE:
- A degree in Computer Science or Engineering, and at least 5 years of experience in designing, developing and maintaining software or an equivalent level of work experience, and a track record of substantial contributions to software projects with high business impact.
- Experience with mentoring, coaching, and pairing with coworkers.
- Experience writing clean code that performs well at scale; you have experience with Java, Scala, or Golang, and working with/designing REST APIs. Working knowledge of oAuth, OIDC, or other RFC standards in Authentication and Authorization are a bonus.
- An understanding of SaaS software development practice, previous experience working on a SaaS produc t will be viewed favourably.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs.
- Creativity and Innovation: seeks new and better ways of doing things, generating original and imaginative ideas, products, and/or solutions.
- Problem Solving: uses an organized and logical approach to find solutions to complex problems and looks beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of problems and proposes several possible solutions.
- Resilience, Tolerance for Change/Ambiguity: can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects.
Share our values:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
We champion the power of human connection. We're united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success. Make an impact:
Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact. Learn and grow:
We're committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other's growth.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Our purpose is to champion the power of human connection and the heart of connection is inclusion. You belong here.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. #LI-MG1
Software and Programming