Who You Are...
You are a passionate Software Developer, with 3-5 years of application development experience, who can easily switch between the front-end and back-end. You're comfortable collaborating in small teams to design, build and ship high-quality software and are familiar with iterating in an agile fashion.
You enjoy working closely with designers, product managers, and other stakeholders to build both awesome UI/UX components, as well as backend services and APIs. You have experience liaising and collaborating with other departments in determining requirements and specifications.
You love to learn and improve and have a passion for technology and writing code.
You want to join us in using technology to build the next generation of products that enable organizations to power human connections at scale.
You are super smart and have a BSc, BCS, BASc or comparable degree in a relevant program, or have equivalent work experience. You're Great at...
- Front-End frameworks like Angular JS and React
- Building high-volume, highly available, and distributed server applications, hence you have a portfolio of apps you've played a key role in shipping
- Building services and have experience with container and orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with event-based and message-driven distributed system
- Working with Big Data, utilizing SQL and noSQL databases, data warehouse technologies, and familiarity with data lakes and data marts
- Working with REST APIs (bonus if you've worked with Twitter, LinkedIn or Facebook APIs)
- Creating automated test suites and ensuring quality in your code
- Optimizing and applying best practices.
- Experience with Ionic Framework
- Passion for social media and new ideas
- Drive to succeed in a fast pace and continuously evolving environment
- You have open source contributions or personal projects you've shipped successfully
Hootsuite is an inclusive employer. Every effort will be made to provide accommodations requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.