Software Dev QA 3 (CARD2451)
Reference ID: %7B683D2AF4-EDE2-48C8-8F24-5F07AD266DE6%7D
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company's fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry's highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. Unlike pure-play network security providers, Fortinet can solve organizations' most important security challenges, whether in networked, application or mobile environments - be it virtualized/cloud or physical. More than 210,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com , the Fortinet Blog or FortiGuard Labs .
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated and passionate security system validation engineer to work closely with field service and developer team. This System Validation Engineer will focus on pre-deployment testing to verify Fortinet solutions based on customer's requirements. If you are someone who likes to work with real-life cases and deliver quality software, this opportunity is right for you!
* Work with the project manager and developers on case assignment.
* Develop and maintain test plan/cases for software image delivery with feature or bug fixes.
* Be able to quickly understand customer network environment and more importantly, quickly set up the test environment in order to verify feature or reproduce critical customer issues.
* Provide knowledge transfer to peer engineers
Job Skills Required:
* Strong understanding of TCP/IP networking, routing/switching protocols, firewalls, VPN technologies
* Hands-on experience of Routers, Switches and Firewalls
* Extensive knowledge of application protocols: HTTP/FTP/SMTP/IMAP
* Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
* Deep working knowledge of Windows, UNIX or Linux
* Knowledge of the virtualization technologies: VMWare, QEMU/KVM, AWS, OpenStack etc.
* Knowledge of at least one scripting language: Shell, Ruby, Perl, Python, etc.
* Able to communicate effectively, both verbal and written
* Self-managing and able to successfully handle simultaneous projects.
* Work under delivery and customer pressure.
* Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field, or an equivalent combination of training and experience is desirable
* Vendor certifications like Fortinet NSE, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, JNCIS, JNCIP, JNCIE etc. is a plus.
Posted: October 11, 2018
Closes: December 10, 2018