Amazon SageMaker team is looking for experienced software development managers to build the best possible end to end ML/AI product which will delight our customers. Are you interested in leading the innovation in the Machine Learning and AI ecosystem space? Would you like to be a part of the team which is driving one of the fastest growing businesses within AWS?
Amazon SageMaker is a fully managed Machine Learning platform that makes it easy to build ML models, manage them, and integrate them with custom applications for online predictions. SageMaker https://aws.amazon.com/sagemaker/) takes away the heavy-lifting normally associated with large-scale Machine Learning implementations, so that developers and scientists can focus on the truly creative work of modeling and solving the business problem at hand.
Our Goal is to provide a simplified, easy to use and intuitive product which will truly demystify the ML/AI ecosystem and enable end to end capability for Machine learning services, from experimentation to large scale deployments. You will be working in a fast-paced, cross-disciplinary team of engineers and researchers who are leaders in the field.
As an engineering leader, you will own the innovation in the space of ML Platforms, building compelling functionality for the Amazon SageMaker Service. You will be responsible for hiring and leading a team of strong engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of distributed systems and big data solutions. You will work with customers and other leaders to define our long-term strategies. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing distributed systems, passion for innovation, strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
Key job responsibilities
• Responsible for the over-all systems development life cycle
• Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments; Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
• Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
• Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
• Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
• Customer engagement and product road map definition
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
Experience with large scale distributed systems
• Experience building and operating mission critical, highly available (24x7) systems
• Experience with Machine Learning
• Experience building tools for data scientists or developers
• Experience in preparing quality metrics and effectively engaging with stakeholders to set and drive quality goals
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming