AWS Cloud Map is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team in Vancouver to help us implementation of our vision of making Cloud Map one-stop shop for discovering all resources in the cloud. Today Cloud Map team owns highly available and scalable service discovery solution that allow customers to discover their resources at runtime, define custom names for resources, and maintain updated location of these dynamically changing resources. As a foundational service that our customers take critical dependency on, Cloud Map must guarantee low latencies, world-class "five nines" of availability, and serve millions of transactions per second.
We are looking for software engineers who thrive on complex problems and relish the challenge of operating complex and mission critical systems under extreme loads. Our systems manage hundreds of millions of records, and responds to millions of service requests per minute. Do you think you are up to the challenge?
As a successful candidate, you contribute to all parts of the software development and deployment lifecycle, including design, development, documentation, testing and operations. You possess strong verbal and written communication skills, you are self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast paced environment. You really enjoy working closely with your peers in a group of very smart and talented engineers.
We're looking for people who are smart and can get things done, though the following skill sets provide a good foundation for a quick ramp up to being productive in our Java, Linux and AWS-based environment. We're looking for a range of experience, from brilliant and motivated new college graduates to technical leaders with the scars and battle-tested wisdom.
To learn more about AWS Cloud Map, visit https://aws.amazon.com/cloud-map/.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• A Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent skills and knowledge
• At least three years' of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java or C++, including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• At least five years' experience designing, building, shipping, and maintaining production software as an engineerPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Ability to communicate ideas effectively, to listen to others' ideas, and to collaborate to arrive at great solutions, including effective written communication skills
• Demonstrated experience employing Agile development practices such as Scrum and Kanban
• Ability to audit and provide constructive feedback on technical designs, code, project plans, and project execution
• Experience building production distributed systems, as an engineer or manager
Software and Programming