The Amazon Consumer Payments organization has several positions available for creative and independent engineers with a passion for scalable, high-performance services to define and build Amazon's Payments Acceptance & Experience systems and launch new payment methods across Amazon's global portfolio. You will use your experience to drive innovative, customer-focused payment solutions to provide local paying experiences for Amazon's customers around the globe.
As a member of the Amazon Payment Services Team, you will invent new features, develop distributed services, and build a massively scalable, rock-solid platform solution using object-oriented Java on various UNIX-flavored platforms. We are a fast-paced environment, using agile methodology and lightweight SOA design patterns. We encourage innovation and expect developers to take a high level of ownership throughout the software life cycle.
If you are a strong developer with experience and interest in distributed systems and databases, performance and scalability, we'd like to talk to you.
As a software development engineer, you will:
• Define, design, and implement multi-tier distributed services that secure and serve customers' payment data, support cool new initiatives such as mobile payments, and provide first-class customer experience on Amazon's websites and mobile devices.
• Be involved in designing, implementing, and testing of major features in the next generation of Amazon's payments platform.
• Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes that meet requirements for functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, and adherence to development goals and principles.
• Effectively collaborate in a fast paced environment with multiple teams in large organization (software development, QA, Project/Release Management, Build and Release, etc).
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual OrientationBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Candidates must have a Bachelor in Computer Science Engineering or related field.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Possess an extremely sound understanding of areas in the basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
• Be able to write Amazon quality code in an object oriented language - preferably in Java/C++ in a Linux environment.
• Candidate must have good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate must be passionate about simple and elegant software solutions, customer-centric products, and utilizing agile development processes. Other preferred skillsets:
• Masters in Computer Science or related area or equivalent industry experience
• Experience writing code in a high volume, service based architecture
• 4+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design and data structures
• Experience with algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C++ or Perl
Software and Programming