"Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for kindness."
-Lucius Annaeus SenecaAmazon Care is a passionate team working to build a best-in-class healthcare product designed to make high-quality healthcare easy to access.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will be working with a unique and gifted team developing exciting products and collaborating with cross-functional teams.In this position, we are looking for an engineer with deep service orientated expertise and experience with a variety of technologies. We are looking for someone who understands developing innovative services in the cloud, leveraging the best technologies AWS has to offer, and can build software. We need someone who is motivated to tackle ambiguous situations with technologies to rapidly produce prototypes. You will outline paths from prototype to product. You will need to contribute to the professional development of colleagues through mentoring, improving their technical knowledge and the engineering practices on your team. You have an eye towards quality, and insist on the highest standards.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• • Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to conceive, design, and bring innovative products and services to market.
• • Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry.
• • Create solutions to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to innovative technologies at incredible scale and speed.
• • Build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage/use.
• • Design and code the right solutions starting with broadly defined problems.
• • Work in an agile environment to deliver high-quality software.
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.Our team is dedicated to supporting new members.
We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future. Do you want to solve business challenges through innovative technology? Do you enjoy working on cutting-edge, scalable services technology in a team environment? Do you like working on industry-defining projects that move the needle?
At Amazon, we hire the best minds in technology to innovate and build on behalf of our customers. The focus we have on our customers is why we are one of the world's most beloved brands - customer obsession is part of our company DNA. Our Software Development Engineers (SDEs) use cutting-edge technology to solve complex problems and get to see the impact of their work first-hand.
The challenges SDEs solve for at Amazon are big and influence millions of customers, sellers, and products around the world. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about creating new products, features, and services from scratch while managing ambiguity and the pace of a company where development cycles are measured in weeks, not years.
If this sounds interesting to you, apply and come chart your own path at Amazon.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for performance and reliability
• Understanding of software design principles and computer science fundamental
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Experience architecting complex, cloud-based systems
• Experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs at scale
• Passion for hosted large data, highly scalable services. We would love to hear about solutions and systems you've developed.
• Development experience defining, developing and maintaining web service API's
• Passion for cutting edge technologies, drive, and ability to quickly learn new concepts
• Prior experience working for a consumer Internet company.
Additional Locations Include: Austin, TX; Vancouver B.C; Arlington, VA.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Software and Programming