Amazon CloudWatch Logs is one of the largest logs management and analytics services ingesting hundreds of peta-bytes of logs every month. We are constantly evolving the logging services that our customers use to gather operational telemetry about their . We are building new monitoring and observability services in the Containers and Serverless space and also shaping the future for the next generation of Logs Insights and Logs based applications that help customers reduce the mean-time-to-resolution. This is a unique opportunity to come in on the ground floor and define the direction of a strategic AWS service from to General Availability (GA) and beyond. Amazon Cloud Watch already operates at unprecedented scale, while upholding performance and durability requirements that our customers care about. You will lead projects that drive software of large-scale control and planes; in and other languages, and using Amazon proprietary technologies. You'll have a unique opportunity to shape the of our services and positively affect our customers. You'll be chartered with creating and operating services that collect and store metrics at internet scale, deliver mission critical capabilities to the cloud users and embed operational knowledge and encode best practices into everything we do. In addition, as part of the broader AWS organization, you will have the opportunity to influence the broader cloud strategy for Amazon.
We care about your career growth. Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Diverse and Inclusive work culture -
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Work Life Balance -
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of relevant, broad engineering experience required
• Experience leading the delivery of large-scale focused on managing the infrastructure layer of the technology stack
• Technical expertise in at least one major technical area: large scale Unix engineering, building complex , building monitoring or management tools for large-scale environments
• Experience leading life cycle process and best practices
• Experience with Agile Management (SCRUM, RUP, XP), OO Modeling, working on internet, UNIX, Middleware, and database related projectsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Passion for customer experience and usability, including successful delivery of large scale software projects.
• Project management experience
• Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issues
• 5+ years of relevant experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Software and Programming