Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) makes it easy to set up, operate, and scale relational databases in the cloud. Our vision here is to offer key insights to RDS customers across different database domains; and help set the direction of the business and the industry.
We are looking for passionate software development engineers to help build a strategic machine learning-powered service that automatically detects database-related security threats, operational issues and performance bottlenecks. This is a rare chance for you to be a part of a highly visible team building a service from the ground up. We deliver transformative solutions to customers and chart the course for other AWS services to follow.
You will be responsible for delivering a new RDS capability based on Machine Learning (ML) that leverages AWS Server-less infrastructure and drive improvements to how database services operate seamlessly in the cloud. You will be responsible for all-up engineering including development, testing and deployment of these services. AWS operates large-scale, mission critical workloads, so you will have opportunity to take end to end responsibility for the operational excellence of your service.
The Amazon RDS team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks, problems to solve in the future.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Understanding and knowledge of a relational database such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience working with cloud services or operating large scale systems
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Software and Programming