Shopping Portal is a site-wide system that revolutionizes how Amazon retail experiences are built. Are you interested in working at the largest possible scale? Are you interested in making an impact across all pages? Are you interested in contributing to how the company is building new experiences? Then come be a part of that revolution! On the Shopping Portal team, you will have the opportunity to lead a strong team and shape the future direction of the system. Shopping Portal is a core component that powers every single page. We integrate with over 30 site-wide features and also provide a debugging toolkit to enhance the developer experience across the company. Shopping Portal is therefore a key system in delivering and experimenting with site-wide functionality to delight Amazon's customers.
You will use your technical prowess to deliver on challenging problems with simple, maintainable and extensible solutions. You will take risks and experiment, define and deliver solutions, build on success from the past and learn from failures. You will work alongside a team that collaborates and takes on shared goals to deliver solutions that are larger than each individual. You learn from others, and in turn make others around you better. You will have the opportunity to impact the technical choices we make at Amazon and how Amazon developers develop. This is a place where you can apply and further your strong technical skills while delivering impactful business results. Amazon is a place where builders build, and we enable Amazon builders. It's still Day One. Help us build the future.
Key job responsibilities
- Own the design and implementation of systems supporting a wide range of use cases, at high scale with high quality.
- Collaborate within a team and across other teams to launch best in class technical solutions.
- Optimize, tune and maintain quality, performance and availability of systems.
- Learn and be curious, and in turn teach, mentor and grow other engineers.
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- Experience taking a lead role in building and operating scalable distributed systems
- Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
- Familiar with building secure software using modern security principles
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming