AWS RDS has several open positions in teams developing and operating the RDS MariaDB service. We are currently looking for software developers with experience maintaining and developing Linux-based systems.
As part of AWS, you will be among the pioneers of cloud computing and by working at RDS you will operate and develop the world's most popular database-as-a-service offering. The work is demanding but also very rewarding and offers many opportunities for growth and possibilities to work with world-class talent in the field of databases.
The primary location is in Vancouver. The compensation is above industry average and includes a stock program so staff members can benefit from also being owners. Among other benefits, worldwide relocation costs and professional support for immigration procedures are covered.
Work includes participating in open source projects and contributing upstream. There is a special emphasis on strong written communications culture and attention to detail and quality that includes both company-internal and public scrutiny. The working language is English, which candidates are expected to be moderate to fluent in verbally and fluent to very strong in writing.
#rds #mysql #mariadb #opensourceBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- 2+ years of C/C++ development experience,
- General knowledge about the Linux (e.g. security features, namespaces, filesystems and networking),
- Linux distributions and their most common tools and procedures (e.g. systemd, logrotate, cron),
- Application development and deployment (e.g. RPM/DEB packaging) in the Linux ecosystem and
- Good communication skills in a diverse and fast paced environment
- MariaDB/MySQL databases, including designing schemas, operating production systems and debugging failures or slowness issues
- Proven skills in participating in open source projects with successful outcomes such as filing high quality bug reports, researching issues or submitting code for upstream inclusion
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming