Come be part of a team that will directly shape and influence the future growth of Amazon. COmpensation and Recruiter Experience (CORE) organization is responsible for developing, building, and innovating global and scalable technology solutions that are intelligent, powerful, automated, and light-weight to deliver industry leading experiences to both recruiters and candidates. These technologies are critical components to help Amazon grow continuously and launch new products and services.
A day in the life
As a software development engineer, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the definition, vision, roadmap and development of product features from beginning to end. You will:
• Work with the team to help drive business decisions
• Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security.
• Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all of the team deliverables
• Write high quality distributed system software
• Work in an agile, startup-like development environment, where you are always working on the most important stuff.
About the hiring group
Discovery team owns the products and technologies that help discover and share recruiting data. The team's vision is to build products for storing and delivering recruiting data that is legally compliant and authoritative source to our customers (from data consumers such as data engineering teams to users of Hire such as recruiters, hiring managers, and interviewers) in Amazon so that they can search for, discover, and retrieve data from all recruiting domains.
You will contribute to the development of back-end systems in charge of real-time data streaming, distributed data processing, and aggregation from a variety of data sources for applications such as middle-tier and front-end recruiting systems, search, data analytics and reporting systems, and machine learning applications.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Clear, professional communication skills able to contribute to team discussions, knowing when to contribute, when to listen, and when to ask questions.
• experience and knowledge in utilizing back-end technologies such as AWS Kinesis, EC2, ECS, RDS, and CloudFormation or similar cloud-based solutions
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Software and Programming