Come change the way the world sees the Cloud!
The CloudWatch Logs team builds and manages some of the largest logging systems in the world. CloudWatch Logs allows AWS users to ingest their application and AWS logs in a highly scalable, durable, and reliable service for enterprise scale; find and analyze the right log data to solve operational problems; generate metrics and alarms from their log events; or send log data to other downstream systems.
On the Logs team you'll get to build critical monitoring services that impact every single AWS customer, both internally and externally - there's not many team's that can say that!
This is a full-stack development position, leaning towards back-end work.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Most days, our entire team is co-located in the Vancouver office, but we're also flexible when people occasionally need to work from home. We generally keep core in-office hours from 9am to 5pm. People rarely come in or stay outside these hours.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.
We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Diverse and Inclusive work culture -
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 1+ years professional experience in software development
• Experience in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms, and problem solving
• Proficiency in Java or other OOP languages such as C#, Python, Ruby or C++
• Experience designing and building sophisticated fault-tolerant distributed systems
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, sense of ownership, urgency and drivePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in communicating with users, and other technical teams
• Knowledge and experience with networking and virtualization are a plus
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Software and Programming