World Wide Consumer Talent Product Team (TPT) is looking for passionate individuals who love to design and build truly innovative internal customer-facing interfaces and the services that make them possible.
It's Day 1 in TPT, and we're a team that powers the career development of the most talented and motivated employees in the world through technological innovations. We are determined to disrupt HR space by bringing in end to end automation of business process flow. The TPT technology team is in the early phases of design and development and this is your chance to shape the next generation WW Consumer Talent product at Amazon.
A day in the life
• Work through all phases of the project lifecycle, including reviewing requirements, designing services that lay foundation for the new technology platform, build new interfaces and also integrate with existing architectures, developing and testing code, and delivering seamless implementations for Global customers.- Evaluate and utilize AWS technologies where appropriate, such as EC2, RDS/DynamoDB/RedShift, to design and build scalable backend web services and customer facing APIs.
• Deeply understand and work with variety of developer tools across the spectrum of Software development lifecycle
• Build iteratively using agile methodologies
About the hiring group
The mission of the Talent Products Team (TPT) is to build the world's best HR products. TPT is an insurgent, innovative, startup team that builds game-changing, intelligent products that challenge the status quo and cultivate Day One culture at scale. The team starts with the unique scale and complexity of the WW Consumer and Talent business as a way to incubate enterprise-wide innovation and applies science, technology, and customer obsessed product design to help Amazonians make informed long-term decisions about talent and spend more time focusing on the end customer.
Imagine being able to build the Earth's most customer-centric company...in an organization that delivers a smile to millions of people every single day...and on a team that powers the recruitment of the most talented and motivated employees in the world through technological innovations. This is the reality of being part of World Wide Consumer Talent Products team. We need leaders who are owners, who have a bias for action, and who have a deep desire to build....to make the previously impossible possible. Is that you? We're looking for a Software Development Engineer to define and build our next generation career development product which is going to better engage and empower our employees.
You will take a defined design and turn it into code and deliver it on schedule, applying appropriate technologies and current software engineering best practices. You are expected to write secure, stable, testable, maintainable code with minimal defects. You should be proficient in a broad range of data structures and algorithms, knowing when it is appropriate to use them. You will work with customers and/or internal partners to understand business impacts and identify any opportunities/problems arising from technical decisions, as well as invent, refine and develop solutions to ensure they are meeting customer needs and team goals.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of professional software development experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
• Strong Computer Science and development fundamentals, including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience building large-scale software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Strong debugging/troubleshooting skills
• Experience developing software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance, and reliability
• Professional experience in commercial or web-scale system software development and delivery
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
• Track record for being detail-oriented and demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
• Experience with ReactJS
Software and Programming