Come join Amazon Halo and the Health and Wellness team!
Amazon Halo is a new health and wellness membership that focuses on improvement through discovery. We use the power of machine learning and computer vision to put the most innovative and effective tools for improving personal health in our customer's hands. Our current portfolio of products includes the Halo Band, a wearable wellness tracker, and the Halo app, which uses the data the Halo Band gathers to provide a broad range of digital tools and content along with personalized insights and science-backed guidance to help customers meet their health goals. Our mission is no less than to discover a healthier future for the human race. Join us!
The Amazon Halo Device Software Team is looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented individuals to join our fast-paced, start-up environment to help invent the future. As an Embedded Software Engineer on this team, you will help define and build innovative consumer product device experiences with a direct impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of Halo flagship products that customers love and use every day. The ideal candidate will have industry-leading programming skills and a deep understanding of embedded device features and limitations.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor in an emerging space that is shaping the future of the industry. We are looking for an outstanding software engineer who has the passion for working on challenging problems from the very early stages. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are technical and innovative, and looking for an opportunity to build systems and solutions optimized for relationships (or graph), we want to talk to you.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
• 1+ years experience as an embedded software engineer.
• 1+ years of development experience on RTOS based embedded platforms, especially using ARM.
• Experience in embedded C/C++ programming.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
• Solid coding, algorithm, and debugging fundamentals.
• Experience developing, releasing, and maintaining a high-volume embedded system.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous integration, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Experience optimizing performance and memory usage for resource constrained embedded systems.
• Experience designing and developing for the lowest power usage.
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Software and Programming