DESCRIPTION Amazon is building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
Our team's mandate is to launch and accelerate the advertising business in categories that require a differentiated customer and advertiser experience. We own end-to-end the advertising experience including placements, creative, ad serving, advertiser experience, and marketing.
We're looking for entrepreneurial, innovative individuals who thrive on solving tough problems. We are investing in a deep technical team to pursue a transformation opportunity. The successful candidate will build upon core program management successes and develop breadth across a range of problem domains.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 3+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance, scalability, and availability
• Experience with UI frameworks such as Spring MVC, GWT, jQuery, Swing, etc.
• Experience with Amazon Web Services
• Coding skills in Java and/or C++ coupled with strong base in object-oriented design and development
• Experience in software development and full product life-cycles
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Software and Programming