Come join a creative team dedicated to change the way the world sees the Cloud!
We are looking for software engineers that are passionate about building , observability solutions (granular insights into metrics, logs, traces, and alerting), and rich visualization providing interactive exploration across a large volume of sources generating metrics, logs, and traces. AWS has a fast-paced environment where we "Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History." On a typical day, our software engineers might deep dive to root cause a customer issue, release the latest new feature, consult with the top engineers at Amazon, or discuss radical new approaches to building and operating at scale. You'll be surrounded by people who are incredibly smart, passionate about observability, and believe that we are only scratching the surface of what AWS can really do to help developers, SREs, and business owners everywhere.
This is a unique opportunity to build a new AWS service from the ground up to a successful launch.
In this role, you will be positioning AWS as a thought leader in related projects by collaborating and influencing the community and contributing to projects.
You will be responsible to , build, and scale a globally available AWS service that is business critical and in the forefront of our customer success.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field, or Equivalent experience
• 5+ years professional experience in software
• Proficiency in or other OOP languages such as , , Ruby, or C++
• Experience in object-oriented , structures, , and problem solving
• Experience designing and building sophisticated fault-tolerant
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, sense of ownership, urgency and drivePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
One or more of the following are preferred:
• Depth in structures and , especially those dealing with concurrency or scaling
• Experience as an contributor or maintainer of a popular project.
• Experience with Agile engineering practices (continuous integration, TDD, etc.)
• Experience with CNCF projects such as Kubernetes, Prometheus, Grafana, and Jaeger.
• Experience coding in Go and/or .
• Familiarity with internet security, SSO, IAM, RBAC.
• Experience with scale stores and caching strategies.
Software and Programming