Cayenta Schools is seeking a full-time Software Trainer to join our K-12 Schools services team. This position is responsible for providing end user training to new and experienced customers either remotely, on-site, or to large groups. Our trainers interact directly with customers in live sessions to ensure a smooth transfer of knowledge. This role includes communications during the implementation process, planning, scheduling, testing, and writing training documentation. The individual selected will be a highly energetic self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a team environment. Advanced computer literacy and accounting/payroll skills are most important for success.Office - Burnaby BC or Remote
Training delivery spans the eastern to pacific time zones. This eight-hour workday has some flexibility but the employee must be available during the "core" work hours.What your impact will be:
What we are looking for:
- Deliver structured training on the use of SDS products by following a pre-defined curriculum throughbothin person classroomand webinar/remotesettings, while adhering to all pre-established protocols.
- Follow through to resolution, any customer feedback and questions received through training sessions, email or other communication channels.
- Facilitate customer testing and validation of business process with the objective of empowering customers to use the software correctly and independently.
- Maintain industry currency and stay current on all of the SDS products and upgrades and incorporate such into all future training.
- As assigned, maintain task sensitive instruction manuals in accordance with the pre-established documentation standards (i.e. Payroll Year End, Accounting Year End) to be used as a training and support tool.
- Assist with developing new and improving existing curriculum that will enhance the customers' learning experience and achieve strong independent users of the software.
- Provide support to other departments as required (ie Support: ticket resolution, Sales: product demonstrations, R&D: requirements gathering).
- Ability to travel 25-50% of the time, in Canada; valid driver's license with acceptable driving record required.
The desired candidate must possess a high level of initiative, aptitude and energy in order to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate will have most of these skills:
What we can offer:
- 2+ years delivering curriculum in an adult education setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced computer skills
- Outstanding customer service and organizational skills
- Positive, results oriented mindset
- Ability to multi-task effectively and to consistently meet assigned deadlines
- Ability to maintain composure and professionalism and adaptable to change
- Experience with Fund Accounting, Payroll and Human Resources Applications
- Hands on accounting and payroll experience, especially for non-profit or K-12 school districts
- Experience with business reporting tools such as Microsoft Excel Pivot Tables and PowerBI
- 3 weeks' vacation and 5 personal days
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision paid 100% by Harris starting from your first day of employment
- Employee stock ownership and RRSP/401k matching programs
- Lifestyle rewards
- Remote work and more!
Founded in 1983 and welcomed to the Harris family in 2004, our Cayenta business unit is the North American leader in technology for medium to large utility clients. We provide innovative end-to-end CIS and ERP solutions engineered from the ground up to be agile and seamless, ensuring that our clients have a platform for operational success.
Software and Programming Education and Training