Job Description Summary
We are seeking an application developer to join the Cayenta development team to maintain and enhance Cayenta's industry-leading Customer Information System (CIS). The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of application development cycle, software requirements definition and design principles. This position involves implementation of the required system components using Uniface 9 4GL.
Responsibilities will include:
- Analyze business requirements; identify product impact and possible implementation options, and recommend the solution that best suits the needs of the customers and Cayenta.
- Creation and maintenance of application code that meets design specifications, follows Cayenta standards, and is easy to maintain, including documentation.
- Code review for technical accuracy, standards, and functional compliance to the requirements.
- Unit, integration, regression and system testing as required
- Able to provide Level 3 support of our applications
- Creation of functional specifications and design documents for software enhancements.
- Maintain product documentation to reflect enhancements and other software changes.
- Ability to estimate work as requested.
- Great communication skills, that includes ability to communicate with internal and external people as changes occur in tasks assigned
- Customer-service oriented
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Work within deadlines in relation to product release timelines, and consistently complete assigned development tasks in required timeframes.
- Fulfill administrative reporting requirements.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
To meet this challenge, you must possess a high level of initiative and energy, and have a great consultant-minded work ethic.
Required Skills and Experience:
University degree/diploma in Information Technology or equivalent experience
Experience using any 4GL development programming language, such as:
- Cognos PowerHouse 4GL
- Discovery Machine Modeler
- Forté TOOL (transactional object-oriented language)
- IBM Rational EGL (Enterprise Generation Language)
- Lycia Querix 4GL
- Omnis Studio SDK
- SheerPower4GL (Microsoft Windows Only)
- SQLWindows/Team Developer
- Up ! 5GL
- Uniface (programming language)
- Visual DataFlex (Microsoft Windows Only)
- Experience with RDBMS and Data Modeling
- Experience with Software Requirements Specifications, and strong interpretative skills to understand design requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience developing in a team environment.
- Practical multi-tier architecture experience
- Microsoft SQL Server and/or Oracle RDBMS
- Experience with Uniface development tool
- Knowledge of CIS, operations, billing or financial system
- Scrum and Agile practices experience will be an asset
- SOA and design patterns will be an asset
Posted: November 16, 2018
Closes: January 15, 2019