Sofia, Bulgaria Hiring Event- AWS Software Developer opportunities in Dublin, Ireland and Vancouver, BC
Reference ID: 675017
Our AWS RDS and DMS teams will be traveling to Sofia, Bulgaria the week of July 30th-August 3rd to interview talented software developers and systems development engineers for opportunities in our Vancouver, Canada and Dublin, Ireland offices. Our hiring event in Bulgaria is an abbreviated version of our normal interview process. We have flexible start dates in case you want to finish up your current project, take your time relocating, etc. Offers include relocation to Canada or Ireland, great benefits, very competitive salaries and visa sponsorship for you and your immediate family.
Who are we?
AWS supports over a million customers in more than 190 countries. We are steadily expanding our global infrastructure to help customers achieve lower latency, higher throughput and greater availability across the globe. As our customers grow their businesses, AWS continues to provide infrastructure that meets their global requirements. You can learn more about us our global impact here .
We build, own, and operate the Relational Database Service (RDS), a billion-dollar business the world's largest companies trust to store and manage their data at scale. Every time you click a link surfing the internet or order a coffee at a nearby cafe, you are most likely hitting a database provisioned and managed by RDS that is working in a clustered environment and automatically replicating across multiple data-centers in the background (or maybe a server-less database ready to be elastically scaled up or down depending on the workload without downtime or lost connection) so you get your coffee in time. Chances are you use services powered by RDS every day. Our customers include Netflix, Airbnb, Expedia, and many more .
RDS makes it easy to set up, operate, and scale a relational database in the cloud. We are building a globally distributed system that provides our customers with high availability, durability, security, and performance. We are the team that launched Amazon Aurora, the fastest growing service in AWS history . We are building Aurora Serverless and Multi-Region Multi-Master, architecting for cloud scale, and simplifying the world's hardest problems so that our customers can focus on their applications.
At RDS, we deal with challenges that could seem too challenging to be true. How about putting database engine in the cloud making it server-less and to auto-scale itself once the load grows or shrinks? How about upgrading your database cluster to the latest database engine or migrating between engines without losing data and with close to zero (or maybe zero) downtime? Our teams embrace the beauty of NoSQL architecture and its ultimate strengths - scalability and performance with strong consistency and isolation of relational databases making a no-compromise database solution.
• Amazon RDS Intro: https://aws.amazon.com/rds/
• Amazon RDS FAQs: https://aws.amazon.com/rds/faqs/
• Aurora Tech Write-Up: http://www.allthingsdistributed.com/files/p1041-verbitski.pdf
• Aurora Serverless: https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/in-the-works-amazon-aurora-serverless/
AWS Database Migration Service helps you migrate databases to AWS quickly and securely. The source database remains fully operational during the migration, minimizing downtime to applications that rely on the database. The AWS Database Migration Service can migrate your data to and from most widely used commercial and open-source databases.
The service supports homogenous migrations such as Oracle to Oracle, as well as heterogeneous migrations between different database platforms, such as Oracle to Amazon Aurora or Microsoft SQL Server to MySQL. It also allows you to stream data to Amazon Redshift, Amazon DynamoDB, and Amazon S3 from any of the supported sources, which are Amazon Aurora, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB, Oracle Database, SAP ASE, SQL Server, IBM DB2 LUW, and MongoDB, enabling consolidation and easy analysis of data in a petabyte-scale data warehouse. AWS Database Migration Service can also be used for continuous data replication with high-availability.
• AWS DMS Intro: http://aws.amazon.com/dms
What is in it for you?
• Huge impact: Work on a service that will be used, directly and indirectly, by millions of customers.
• Gratification: You will know you are solving problems most software developers don't yet know exist.
• Critical initiatives: Databases are cornerstones to many of our customers' applications.
• Ownership: you will quickly become responsible for key components of the service.
• Learning: If want to learn about challenges of large-scale fault tolerant systems in practice - this is an opportunity of a life time.
• Innovate: We learn from our customers and one another to invent every day.
• Make history: AWS is the leader in a current industry wide revolution.
• Have fun: Surround yourself with engineers that like to solve complex problems, but also work in a fun, diverse environment.
Basic Qualifications • Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent
• 4+ years (or much more for Senior Developers) professional experience with the full SDLC
• One of the following languages: Java, Go, Python, C, C++
• Linux environment experience
• Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and/or distributed systems
• Experience building and operating large-scale online services and fault-tolerant distributed systems
• Deep knowledge of relational database engines like SQLServer, Oracle, MySQL and Postgres
• Working knowledge/experience with Relational or NoSQL databases
• Knowledge and experience working with networking, virtualization and Linux kernel modules are a plus
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Motivated to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects
• Demonstrated passion for user experience design and improving usability
• Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
Posted: October 20, 2018
Closes: December 19, 2018