Who You Are…
Us? The social media company. You? A creative and inherently social individual who thrives on building communities and inspiring others to take action through great content.
As a Social Marketing Specialist, you contribute to Hootsuite's best in class social marketing strategy, help to develop a community strategy and play a major role in executing both. To do this, you are constantly finding ways to stay ahead of the curve and understand what conversations or trends are relevant for us to take part in.
You have a talent for creating effective, relevant and engaging content, growing our audiences, and balancing overlapping deadlines, projects and campaigns. Once content is published, you're constantly watching the numbers and tracking engagement to see what works best across audiences and channels, and then use that data to inform our upcoming content.
Reporting to the Social Marketing Lead, you can expect your day in the life to include: creating and scheduling content across Hootsuite's social channels (including Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook), overseeing the health and growth of our key social media communities, analyzing and delivering actionable metrics, leading our Hootsuite Amplify content strategy to support our employee advocacy strategy, and providing product feedback as an internal user of Hootsuite.
Expert user of Hootsuite
- Be the best possible user of Hootsuite - this includes becoming Hootsuite Platform Certified and Social Marketing certified through Hootsuite Academy if you're not already
Content creation and publishing
- Oversee the health and growth of our key social media communities and channels and proactively make recommendations on how to improve both
Content strategy and data analysis
- Create high quality social media content and oversee scheduling for Hootsuite's various social media channels
Employee advocacy and Hootsuite Amplify
- Leverage data to understand what content performs best (and why) and use those insights to inform our content calendar
- Oversee and execute our Hootsuite Amplify content strategy, including working with stakeholders from across the company
- Work within a dynamic team, participating in larger campaigns and executing on required social media tactics to drive campaign goals
You're Great At…
- Being inherently social: this includes a willingness to reach out and connect to users and influencers via social platforms
- Driving a data-driven approach to best-in-class social marketing, including content strategy and community building
- Leveraging your razor sharp wit and ability to compose creative copy within tight deadlines
- Learning on the job, teaching others, and building process along the way
- Keeping up to date with social media trends and the tech industry, or any changes to social media platforms
- Bachelor's degree or diploma in Journalism, Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Public Relations, English or related
- Experience collecting and reporting on social media metrics, using tools such as Google Analytics and Hootsuite Impact
- Familiarity with UTMs
Hootsuite is an inclusive employer. Every effort will be made to provide accommodations requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.