We're looking for a top-tier Smart Contract Engineer to help us develop secure and functional code for mission-critical systems essential to our products. You'll play a key role in growing a business through your insights, and you'll help shape the way a revolutionary new technology is introduced to and adopted by new audiences. Every day, you'll collaborate with a world-class team in our Vancouver office.
Every one of us shares a common vision: to create the future we want to live in. We need the right people to help us realize that vision. A little about us:
Dapper Labs is the company behind CryptoKitties. Formed in February 2018, Dapper Labs was spun out of Axiom Zen to spread the benefits of decentralization through the power of play, fairness, and true ownership. Notable investors in Dapper Labs include Andreessen Horowitz, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures, Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others. CryptoKitties is the world's most popular blockchain application outside of cryptocurrency exchanges.
Dapper team members are humble and curious entrepreneurs, builders, and tinkerers who share a passion to demystify blockchain technology and tap its potential to create change in the world. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse crew flourishes in a distributed hierarchy where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture above else: regardless of where you came from, what you studied, or who you used to work for, your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues. Everyone here is a founder, and no one fits in a box. We're all driven by an insatiable thirst for learning and development, and that's what brings us together.A little about you:
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Consistently stays on top of new blockchain trends, methodologies and best practices.
- Contributes and enforces standards throughout our development process.
- Identifies sub-optimal processes and communicates alternatives to the team.
- Understands products enough to be able to effectively prioritize engineering tasks when necessary.
- Is a strong communicator that can work together with design, product, and marketing teams.
- Is comfortable with trying out new tools, failing fast, and unknowns.
- Is comfortable with database design and familiarity with database optimizations.
- Understands and applies best practices of API development.
- Is adamant about test coverage for all backend services.
- Has familiarity with PostgreSQL and React.
- Understands the deployment process, and is comfortable with docker, containers, and kubernetes.
- Has a strong understanding of applications and API security.
- Has familiarity with Python.
- Is familiar with at least one of the functional programming languages: Haskell, Clojure, Lisp, etc.