Join Absolute's Cloud Engineering & Hosting Operations teams and be part of our new core infrastructure and cloud initiatives. Our team is building the foundation for the next generation of the company services on top of Kubernetes and AWS. This is a global high throughput set of services that process data for hundreds of millions of devices per day. Be part of architecting the core application stack for throughput and resilience at Absolute.
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is an engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, distributed, fault-tolerant systems. SRE ensures that all services - both our internally critical and our externally visible systems - have reliability and uptime appropriate to users' needs and a fast rate of improvement while keeping an ever-watchful eye on capacity and performance.
Do you have a passion for our core mission:
- Solve challenges of scalability and efficiency at scale in cloud environments
- Digging to the root cause of production and scalability issues and ensuring they are fixed for life
- Automate all the things! Be passionate about automation, from infrastructure-as-code through to continuous integration and deployments
- Building high availability, high resilience systems based on Linux and open source technologies
- Security best practices through continuous monitoring, architecture, networking, and automation
What You Will Need:
- Management and development of our production observability infrastructure
- Support the build out and ongoing maintenance of core application components such as Kubernetes, Kafka, Elasticsearch and other highly scalable systems
- Support the core Linux and on-call teams around incident management, investigations and remediation of production issues
- Work with cloud engineering and product development teams to educate on sound operational practices
- Work with and promote Observability at all layers of the infrastructure, from hardware to network to containers to application layers
Why Work For Us:
- Experience with configuration management systems Ansible, Terraform or Consul
- Hands-on technical experience in Kubernetes orchestration
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Experience with current observability tools such as Prometheus, Thanos, Grafana, Jaeger, etc.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Experience with AWS
- Solid network fundamentals and the building blocks of highly available cloud infrastructure such as load balancers, network filtering and security, proxies, service mesh architectures
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in San Jose - CA, Boulder - CO, Ankeny -IA, Austin - TX, Reading - UK and Ho Chi Minh City - Vietnam, Absolute serves as the benchmark for Endpoint Resilience, ensuring connectivity, visibility and control, independent of the operating system - embedded in more than a billion endpoints, we empower devices to recover automatically from any state to a secure operational state without user intervention. Our unique value supports our aspirational journey - to become the World's Most Trusted Security Company. Nothing short of bold, and nothing less than achievable for this team. Whether it's our commitment to the cybersecurity industry, our customers, or to one another, we are relentless about protecting people's devices and the sensitive information found on them. And those common goals foster a work environment where collaboration, big ideas and world-class execution are rewarded with success through our mantra of One Team | One Number. At Absolute, we incorporate the ideals of Resilience in all we do to safeguard our customers' data and information, so they can focus on saving lives, fighting fraud, moving markets and protecting passengers, to name a few. Our innovation journey has blossomed from within, so we foster that mindset by investing in our employees - fueling our employee's creative expression, and resulting in our own cyber capabilities. Our momentum is palpable - Forbes noticed too and recognized Absolute as one of the top-10 cybersecurity companies to watch in 2019 and 2020. The New Reality of Remote Work and Distance Learning has further connected our teams and our passion to drive to solve our customers challenges. We pride ourselves on our agile, high energy culture that rewards exceptional achievements and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We also respect the need for downtime and believe in a sound work / life balance, reflected in our 'Take What You Need' vacation policy and our annual employee retreat where it's all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com
or visit our YouTube channel
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.
Software and Programming Information Technology