It’s your experience that counts
Rise is Canada’s complete HR-Payroll-Benefits solution that gives businesses everything they need to build loyal and productive teams — all in one place.
When you step through our doors, you’ll discover a workplace that brings people together to innovate and succeed. We’re a forward-thinking group of individuals that believes in building strong relationships, challenging one another, and fostering an open environment of dialogue and creativity.
At Rise, it goes without saying that we have a lot of fun, and we’d really love you to join us. We aim to provide you with the most positive, challenging, and transformative experience of your career.
This could be you
Managing people is core to every business. That’s why Rise is on a mission to dominate the people-management software market with powerful software that is a cut above the rest. Rise provides an experience that is unique in our market by focusing on modern, intuitive software and outstanding client experience.
As a member of our infrastructure team, you’ll define and implement best practices on utilizing AWS to build, deploy, and manage SaaS products. You’ll also stay one step ahead by constantly monitoring our system health, security, and ensuring that our environments are ready for scale.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
- Work with the engineering team to build and maintain CI/CD pipelines and underlying infrastructure code using Terraform.
- Mentoring software engineers to use infrastructure best practices when developing new services.
- Contribute to the cloud architecture of current and future products, by providing insights from an infrastructure perspective.
- Be a security advocate and continuously implement solutions to improve our application and infrastructure security.
- Willing to roll up sleeves and do whatever needs to be done to make this a great place to work.
- You have deep knowledge and hands-on experience of working with Amazon Web Services.
- You are well-versed in the CI/CD best practices in all stages of the software development lifecycle.
- You have experience with infrastructure as code such as Terraform.
- You are proficient at Docker services and deploying them.
- Doing repetitive manual tasks annoys you; You automate tasks to amplify your productivity.
- You have experience in AWS platform security (auditing, the principle of the least privilege).
- You are comfortable with Unix-based systems, scripting, networking/web protocols, and architecture of highly distributed systems.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent
What’s in it for you
- Amazing people + incredible workspace + meaningful work
- Flexible Working From Home Policy
- 3 weeks vacation
- Personal Wellness Days
- No-work Birthday day off
- No-work Work Anniversary
- Volunteer Day
- Health Cheque gym/club membership subsidy
- Kitchen with healthy snacks
- Fitness facility
- RRSP Match
- $1000 Learning & Development personal budget
- $2000 in Counselling coverage
- Stand-up desks
- No-wait Sun Life benefits. We waive the waiting period, always!
- Excellent health care including virtual care
Software and Programming Human Resources Engineering