Job Description Summary
STEMCELL Technologies has a new opportunity to play a key role in our distribution team! The Shipper will be responsible for a variety of shipping tasks to support outbound logistics from our Canadian Distribution Center based in Burnaby. Shipper's main tasks include order processing, picking, checking, packing, and shipping documentation preparation and record keeping. In addition, the position requires performing some receiving and material handling tasks as needed to support general warehouse operation.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
- Picks and Packs shipment in accordance with department Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and guidelines.
- Prepares orders for shipment in accordance with the picking list and customer requirements.
- Entering inventory storage areas, including walk in freezer and fridge to pick orders.
- Verify accuracy order picking by checking product part ID, description, quantity, and lot number.
- Inspect and ensure picked products are free from damage.
- Ensure products are packed in the proper shipping containers so they are protected during transit.
- Operates pallet jack, and/or forklift to load / unload and transport products and materials.
- Promptly reports any operational issues or equipment failures to the Team Lead or Supervisor to expedite problem resolution.
- Performs spot counting, daily cycle counting, and annual inventory count.
- Organizes inventory in the temperature controlled storage locations following established system to maximize space utilization and picking efficiencies.
- Ensures segregation by user requirements and follows Good Distribution Practices (GDP) guidelines.
- Participates on warehousing tasks including discard and recycle of expired goods, floor tidiness, equipment inspections, etc.
- Adheres to safety and security protocols. Actively participate to maintain company's safety and security programs.
- Supports and participates in Company's Continuous Improvement program, Safety and Quality Assurance training programs.
- Receives cross-training on receiving and material handling functions and provides backup support as needed performing receiving inspection, inventory put away and QC releasing of products and raw materials.
- Minimum of high school diploma required.
- Minimum of three years warehousing experience is required.
- Experience with handling hazardous and perishable materials.
- Good computer skills and familiar with carriers' software applications.
- Good physical ability to move moderately heavy and/or bulky materials up to 50 lbs.
- Experience working with pallet jack and forklift preferred.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Operations and Logistics