Sheet Metal Welder & Fabricator: Harvey 2552
We are a small manufacturing & machine shop, that is located in Burnaby BC.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated sheet metal welder & fabricator, with machine shop, sheet metal fabrication, and welding .
Experience using a press brake and shear would be an asset.
Must be willing, to do various other tasks.
- Experience: minimum 3-5 years in manufacturing in an industrial setting
- Must be able to develope a part that is required as per their specifications and drawings, from layout development to cutting, forming to bending radius, to welding and grinding, and finishing of parts.
- Must be able to read measuring tools, and calipers.
- Area of Specialization: custom fabrication, factory assembly, and welding
- Welding Techniques: Gas metal arc welding (GMAW) (MIG) & flux core arc welding (FCAW)
- Welding positions: flat, vertical
- Materials: stainless steel, steel, iron, & heavy metals
- Weight Handling: up to 45kg (100 lbs.)
- Interpret welding process specifications, operate brakes, shears and other metal shaping straightening & bending machines.
- Operate hoisting & lifting equipment
- Additional skills: polish, de-burring sheet metal, bars, etc.
- Work conditions & physical capabilities: fast-paced environment, attention to detail, standing for extended periods
- Essential skills: problem solving, job task planning & organizing, significant use of memory
- Versatility for assembling and miscellaneous tasks is part of the job.
- Willingness to work early morning shift 6 am – 2:30 pm or afternoon shift 10:30 am – 7 pm a strong asset.
This is a fulltime position
Salary is open depending on experience.
Full medical and extended health benefits after 3 months
Manufacturing and Production