Job Description Service Manager Richmond, BC
At Avigilon we are helping solve some of the biggest challenges around safety and physical security by developing advanced artificial intelligence (AI) technologies and products that are used to help keep people, businesses, and cities around the world safer. Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, designs, develops, and manufactures advanced AI, video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions that help change the way people interact with their security systems.
Founded in 2004 in Vancouver, Avigilon has been a driving force behind the security industry's AI evolution and has continuously been a company that stands for innovation and growth. At Avigilon, you will find a culture of thought-leaders who are passionate about creating exciting new solutions for security and surveillance. We seek problem-solvers who are eager to rise to the challenges of a continuously evolving technological industry, and those who want to make an impact of the safety of people and businesses globally. Summary of the role
Reporting to the Director to Supply Chain, the primary responsibility of the Service Supply Chain Manager will be to manager the Service program with full responsibilities of P&L, out of warranty repair, inventory mitigation, while ensuring 24 hr on-time advanced replacements. Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for the Global strategies to support end-to-end warranty programs, post warranty repair, and defining warranty strategies to support new products prior to product launch. • Drive and implement global service strategies with key stakeholders effectively and efficiently supporting 'in-warranty' and 'out of warranty' fulfillment, ensuring customer satisfaction. • Work closely with Product Management to proactively define service strategies to alignment with the product roadmaps and cost expectations. • Responsible for ensuring on-time performance, inventory targets, and operational P&L KPIs are met or exceeded within the service program. • Ensure the Service program manager is effectively managing the requirements within the matrix organization across: finance, logistics, trade compliance, warehousing, production, purchasing, planning, RMA, and COM. • Responsible for Service S&OP monthly reviews and approvals. • Responsible for the global materials service planning and management of service inventory; fulfillment, replenishment, refurbishment, repair, and EOL. • Manage excess service materials and drive actions to mitigate while minimizing impact to Avigilon P&L. • Work closely with Strategic Sourcing to define, build contractual requirements, negotiate, and approve (ODM) service contracts. • Responsible for escalations from customers to contain, recover, and build systems to prevent re-occurrence. • Provide guidance, mentoring, coaching to the Service Planner and ODM Service Specialist, and other matrixed operational teams as necessary. • Review, verify, and critique technical strategies to ensure P&L, inventory, and on-time performance goals are accomplished. • Manage continuous improvement projects to ensure KPIs are accomplished while removing waste within the service program processes. • Ensure the service organization is documenting product service processes incorporating industry best practices. • Seek out and identify opportunities to manage and mitigate risk. • Other duties as required. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
(indicate preferred or required)
• Must have Ability to take initiative and exercise excellent judgment • Strong communication skills required (written, verbal and presentation) • Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment required • Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations required • Excellent organization, time management, and follow-up skills required • Strong analytical skills required • Working knowledge of ERP systems, within a manufacturing environment preferred Education:
• Post-secondary education or equivalent skills in a related field required • APICS or other Supply Chain certification would be an asset Experience:
• Experience within a reverse logistics, RMA, or supply chain organization would be an asset • 10 years' experience in a similar management role, within a manufacturing service environment, or supply chain organization. • Six Sigma Green/Black belt Certification, or equivalent lean manufacturing experience • Good working knowledge of ERP systems, specifically SAP • Proven experience leading improvement initiatives with teams • Preference for operations management or supply chain background. Working Conditions
( ie. lifting, standing for long periods)
• Working in an office environment • Sitting for extended periods of time • Working primarily with computers and other office supplies Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, and medical insurance while travelling. You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.
Manufacturing and Production