Service Location Assistant Manager Position Overview Aon Hewitt has announced BCAA as a Platinum Best Employer for 2019
s Abbotsford Service Location has an opening for a regular full-time Assistant Manager
. This position is responsible for supporting the Manager, Service Location in leading and managing a sales team to deliver on financial, productivity, Member experience, risk management and engagement goals.
The Assistant Manager will oversee the daily sales operations of a Membership-based insurance agency by providing on-the-floor supervision and coaching, assisting Members as needed, and implementing and promoting of BCAA's corporate initiatives, standards and practices. This position will also assist Members as needed. The Assistant Manager is a source of positive brand impressions and builds long-lasting relationships with all of our Members to enable BCAA to be the most trusted organization in British Columbia. What BCAA offers you:
It's not in our nature to brag but we are proud of some of our achievements that recognize great employee culture. Some of our latest awards include being announced as a Platinum Best Employer for 2019 and Top 50 Employers for Young People - 2015.
•Great compensation packages, including bonus
•We enthusiastically support learning and advancement opportunities for our team members offering, Automotive Apprenticeship and Leadership Development programs.
•We have an amazing Total Rewards Program which offers: Extended Health and Dental, Vision Care, Life Insurance, RRSP matching with company contribution to your pension, access to Incentive Programs, Team Profit Sharing, Employee & Family Assistance Program and more.
•Our team members get to make a difference in the lives of our Members and their communities every day.
•We pride ourselves in being open and transparent and in empowering our people to do great work while serving our Members.
•We are an equal opportunity employer that's committed to accessible, inclusive employment. Key Responsibilities Include People Leadership and Engagement
With the Manager, Service Location, responsible for maintaining a high-energy, effective work environment with an engaged and productive sales team, by:
•Building a talented team through consistent and disciplined coaching •Effectively communicating the alignment of corporate, team and individual goals•Setting clear expectations and holding team members accountable•Consistently recognizing team members •Supporting personal development plans and succession planning •Injecting positive energy and fun into the workplace •In collaboration with other internal business partners, retaining engaged and skilled sales team members and managing team member performance Member Experience
Responsible for supporting the overall experience for Members, as measured by Member experience scores (Net Promoter score, Voice-of-the-Member), and including:
•Sells and upgrades BCAA products and services to new and renewing Members, as needed •Supporting workflow and daily operations to optimize the Member experience•Leading with a one-team approach across all Member-facing channels to provide a seamless Member experience during all types of Member interactions•Communicating and reinforcing Member experience standards and expectations to team members •Handling of Member queries and escalations Disciplined Risk Management
With the Manager, Service Location, responsible for ensuring the Service Locations operations, document processing and Member interactions are in compliance with corporate and insurance partner standards and policies.
•Completion of opening and closing activities and adherence to security requirements •Reviews documents and policies and provides policy authorizations as needed•Provides coaching to fortify the team's disciplined risk management practices•Ensures adherence to audit and underwriting standards to minimize risk and limit potential for errors and omissions•Documents, investigates and reports any potential risk issues or concerns Financial Growth and Productivity
Responsible for supporting the sales team to the achievement of corporate financial and productivity goals through the acquisition of new business and retention of current business (Membership and Insurance) and optimization of staffing levels within the location, as measured by:
•Gross and net sales growth•Membership count •Increased product penetration per household •Effective management to optimize resources during all hours of operation •Seamless implementation of business transformation solutions and other changes as required •Management of budget and expenses •Supporting the development and execution of the location business plan. Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
• Completion of post-secondary diploma or degree, preferably in marketing or business, with a minimum four years insurance experience including two years at a supervisory or management level in an insurance, financial or sales environment (or an equivalent combination of education and experience)
• Level 2 insurance license and able to obtain Level 3 license within two years of start date in this position
• Demonstrated ability to leverage analytical and problem-solving skills to meet and exceed sales goals and targets
• Excellent customer service and conflict resolution skills
• Proven judgment and decision-making abilities in a fast-paced environment
• Sales coaching and performance management experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated multi-tasking skills and proven ability to effective time manage and
• prioritize activities
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
• Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite products (Word, Excel, Outlook) Preferred Qualifications
• Experience with supervising an insurance agency
• Level 3 insurance license or CAIB certification
• Completion of Autoplan Essentials
• Completion of BCAA insurance-related and leadership training
• Knowledge of applicable BCAA and ICBC systems
• Limited history of errors & omissions and in good standing with the Insurance Council of BC
• Ability to speak alternate languages that would support particular market demographics Division
CXO Job Status
Regular Full Time (RFT) Date Added
11/29/2018 Location Name
Abbotsford Location Name
British Columbia [BC] Pay Class
Salary plus Incentive Pay Compensation & Benefits Overview
At BCAA, we offer competitive compensation packages and excellent career advancement opportunities. To find out more, ask the hiring managers during your interview.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS JOB POSTING WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED. BEFORE APPLYING FOR A POSITION, CLICK ON THE VIEW JOBS SECTION TO ENSURE THIS POSTING IS ACTIVE.
Did You Know: BCAA provides four hours of paid time off through the new BCAA Volunteer Program to help the charity of your choice?Please Note
you will be required to successfully complete background checks, which may include criminal, credit, credential and reference checks for employment with BCAA.
Posted: December 16, 2018
Closes: February 14, 2019