September 2022 Duration:
8 - 12 months Application Deadline
: May 24, 2022 Why consider Teck Resources Ltd. for your Co-op placement?
Teck hires more than 150 co-op students each year to work at our various Canadian operations. Teck has been named as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers by Mediacorp Canada's Top Employers program for the past five years and was included in the Forbes World's Best Employers 2021 list and Canada's Top Employers for Young People 2021 . In 2021, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the 12th consecutive year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 percent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies. Innovate with Teck
Digital technologies are redefining our industry and contributing to improvements in every step of the mining process. We improve our efficiency, safety, sustainability and growth by putting smarter ideas to work and crafting advancements in our technology and our practice. At Teck, we embrace new ideas, and employ them. Teck fosters a culture where employees are encouraged to bring ideas forward and implement technologies that can help make us a better company. Professional benefits of working as a co-op with Teck Resources Ltd:
- Our values guide every decision we make as a company and as individual employees. Teck is led by our values of safety, sustainability, integrity, respect, excellence, and courage
- The opportunity to work on exciting projects alongside a team of professionals who are specialists in their respective fields, you will experience a combination of projects in the field as well as in the office
- Competitive salary for our co-ops as well as assistance with travel costs and co-op fees
- Make an impression! Successful co-ops with Teck are given first consideration for professional positions upon graduation
- Working towards an Undergraduate degree in Mining/Mineral Resource Engineering
- Motivated self-starters with the ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Comfortable working in a dynamic industrial work environment with a range of engineering, technical and operational personnel
- Willingness to work outdoors and able to operate vehicles at our operations, in various weather conditions and terrain
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with a capability to communicate complex ideas to all levels
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Participation in the health and safety programs of Teck to ensure that everyone on site goes home safe and healthy every day
- Collaborate with engineering and operations for the development of daily, weekly and monthly mine operations plans
- Work in wide ranges of mine planning and design, including pit and dump design, traditionally operated and autonomous fleets, production scheduling, and optimization
- Contribute to drilling, blasting and surveying activities and provide technical services to mine production and other mine site departments
- Monitor and perform analyses of operating areas, work with geotechnical evaluations of mine plans and operating procedures
- Assist with the development, tracking, and reporting of compliance of mine permits
- Perform economic evaluations, productivity analyses, and assist with capital expenditure documentation
- Create and evaluate innovative ideas and technologies to help improve the way we do business
All students will be required to complete pre-employment drug testing prior to commencing work.
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against infection by COVID-19. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a personal characteristic protected under applicable human rights legislation may request to be exempt from this requirement. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated. Lifestyle
At Teck, we have a variety of flexible schedules that can offer you a work life balance. Teck also offers the chance to live and work in some of the world's most amazing locations where year-round local attractions and recreational choices are unlimited for the outdoor enthusiast! We have world-class mountain biking, skiing, hiking and fly fishing all at your doorstep.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK. Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources .
#LI-SS1 Job Segment:
Engineer, Geology, Sustainability, Coal Mining, Engineering, Mining, Energy