Senior Windows Developer (CARD2419)
Reference ID: %7B306F657E-A80A-41BA-A5AA-BAD0862F854B%7D
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company's fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry's highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. Unlike pure-play network security providers, Fortinet can solve organizations' most important security challenges, whether in networked, application or mobile environments - be it virtualized/cloud or physical. More than 210,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com , the Fortinet Blog or FortiGuard Labs .
Fortinet is hiring for an exciting opportunity adding a seasoned Windows Developer to our R&D team at our Burnaby location. You will be key to shaping our IP video based products for physical security. As Senior Software Engineer you will focus on design, development and delivery of a high performance distributed IoT application.
Why this opportunity? Not only can you expect to receive a competitive salary, stock grant, medical / extended benefits, you will be joining a fast growing company that continually invests in the R&D group. You can expect to join a collaborative, team oriented group of people!
* We are looking for someone who is familiar with a broad range of Windows development from creating a powerful GUI to keeping the wheels smoothly running in multithreaded software.
* The main development is done in Microsoft Visual Studio C#, WPF and .NET 4.5.
* This product is also a visualization platform for web generated data requiring interfacing using web technologies.
* This client project is interlinked with Fortinet server appliances (Unix C++). The combination of network security and video security provides a wide range of challenging and very interesting areas for software development.
* Collaborate with research on deep learning neural network computer analytics.
* Reviews and or translates functional requirements and prepares software requirements specifications. Designs, codes and tests specified programs and components.
Job Skills Required:
* 4+ years related experience
* Excellent C#/.NET programming WPF/XAML
* GUI implementation experience
* Experience designing and debugging multithreaded applications
* Understand the interfacing of Unix based server technology with Windows based rich applications.
* System integration via SDK or API
Experience in the following is a plus:
* Video Analytics, image processing, codecs Linux, configuration management, XML, SmartHome, BMS, POS, ACS
* OpenCV, TensorFlow, GitHub
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related area
Posted: November 8, 2018
Closes: January 7, 2019