is seeking an outstanding professional to join our Smithers, BC, Vancouver, BC, Calgary, AB, Saskatoon, SK, Toronto ON, Montreal QC, or Yellowknife, NT
office as a Senior Wildlife Biologist
to support our Mining and Energy teams.
As a member of the team, you will act as an ecologist in Canada, with capacity to conduct work in various jurisdictions across the country, primarily in western and northern Canada, and internationally. This position will focus on biodiversity and species management, and will include wildlife ecological assessments, mitigation planning for ERM projects and oversight of habitat mapping and wildlife field surveys. The applicant will have experience with environmental assessments, and must show an interest in applying knowledge and skills to help our clients solve complex challenges in these sectors. This role has potential for career growth with the successful candidate having opportunities to directly interact with clients and regulators, and participate in business development. The successful candidate will be a member of a large multidisciplinary impact assessment team in Canada and will become a member of an extensive team of global environmental and social experts.
This posting is designed for a motivated, career-minded person who enjoys problem solving and working within a multi-stakeholder environment.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and lead projects in Canada and internationally.
- Support preparation of wildlife assessments for EAs/EISs and associated management plans in compliance with applicable federal, provincial/territorial requirements.
- Perform project delivery activities including but not limited to field surveys, literature reviews, report writing, and developing recommendations for clients.
- Prepare proposals, including development of scopes and cost estimates, and participate in business development with existing clients.
- Work on multiple projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables and timely delivery of reports.
- Communicate with subcontractors, regulatory agents, land owners, Indigenous communities, and clients during field activities, as required.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with other ERM employees worldwide.
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree in Biological Sciences, or related field.
- 10+ years of environmental consulting experience; prior experience in government, and/or mining or oil and gas sectors are considered assets.
- Environmental Assessment experience.
- Expertise with Federal, Provincial and Territorial regulations and guidelines pertaining to survey methodologies and environmental assessments.
- Expertise with International Financial Corporation, Performance Standard 6 - Biodiversity guidelines pertaining to development internationally an asset.
- Statistical analysis skills an asset or the ability to liaise with and direct work with our statistics group.
- Experience with offset/compensation planning an asset.
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established health and safety protocols.
- Ability to follow directions and take initiative when required.
- Ability to lead a diverse project team of wildlife biologists, vegetation biologists, statisticians, GIS technitians, and field personnel.
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a demanding work environment.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
- French language skills an asset.
If you are looking for new challenges and desire to be part of a leading company and work with specialized professionals with international standards, this will be your opportunity. Who We Are:
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world's leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our "boots to boardroom" approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERMwelcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
ERM is an equal opportunity employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!