270606 Work Area:
Software-Design and Development Expected Travel:
0 - 10% Career Status:
Professional Employment Type:
Regular Full Time COMPANY DESCRIPTION
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
The Design organization of HANA & Analytics in the Board Area T&I aims to support our next generation, industry-leading cloud platform. Our global team is growing fast, and we are constantly in the pursuit of fresh innovations with the most user-friendly and modern cloud experience.
Are you excited about optimizing and energizing a diverse and collaborative design organization? Do you want to work with an invested and motivated design leadership team? Do you thrive in an environment where highly skilled engineers and designers work collaboratively, and where every member of the team makes contributions? We are looking for a Senior UX Strategist to support the Analytics and Platform team in the HANA & Analytics organization with UX strategy, and organizational goals. EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
As a member of the UX leadership team for the UX Analytics and Platform for SAP HANA Cloud Services, the Senior UX Strategist will ensure that in a fast-paced development organization, the design organization thrives. In this ever-evolving team, you will be both a tactical and strategic leader, ensuring all members, from the designers to the leadership team, feel empowered to make a difference for our customers and colleagues. You will help to guide the overall strategy for increasing the reach of the product and present insights into the latest in UX best practices. THE ROLE:
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Lead special ad hoc projects in a self-reliant manner and maintain communication with interested / affected parties
- Focus on long-term plans: (e.g.) future product vision and UX evangelism where you promote UX in all dimensions, including aligning UX strategy with organizational goals
- Provide input into existing UX process and look for opportunities for improvement
- Coach and mentor management team and UX designers
- Help build a strong culture through collaboration, learning, and team events
- As an ambassador for the UX team, reinforce collaborative work relationships within the Analytics and Platform design teams and cross-functional teams
- Organize and prioritize critical issues and required information for the leadership team to facilitate efficient decision making
- Assist in preparation of presentations, correspondence, metrics, charts, tables and graphs for any level
- Support communicating and promoting our work to internal and external stakeholders via different channels
- Monitoring action items and manage reminders
- Community building & best practice sharing between different international offices
- Facilitate workshops to answer critical business questions through design thinking, rapid prototyping, and testing ideas with customers
- Lead and support discovery of the project lifecycle, including workshops, user and stakeholder interviews, analytics, audits and benchmarking
- Utilize quantitative and qualitative research to generate meaningful insights that will drive creative concepts
- Design journey maps, navigation design, sitemaps, information architecture, wireframes, storyboards and prototypes
- Outstanding organizational, time management, planning and project management skills.
- Fast learning curve and ability to quickly understand technical topics.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with all levels of the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communicaiton skills
- High level of flexibility and enthusiasm for the projects on hand with a high commitment to quality and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with professionalism.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience with visual communication principles.
- Basic knowledge of the Design tools including Sketch and Adobe Illustrator.
- Experience in a globally distributed team / strong intercultural competencies.
- Ability to record, edit and produce mini videos is preferred.
- Knowledge of SAP solution offering and business models.
- Familiarity with industry standard Design and Documentation processes in corporate environments.
- 8+ years of successful and related work experience in a professional office environment.
Vancouver, Canada SUCCESS AT SAP
Success means different things to different people, so we go to great lengths to ensure that all our employees have every chance to succeed - on their own terms. That’s because we firmly believe that your success leads to ours.
SAP employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits:
• Discount programs
• SAP Lunch On Us program
• Free daily fruit
• Subsidized pop, snacks, salad and more
• Foosball, pool, ping pong tables, and gym on site
Oh, and did we mention you get to work with some of the most influential companies on the planet to revolutionize the world?
#cloudjobsyvrWHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now . SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com
, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com
, EMEA: Careers@sap.com
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor. Additional Locations
: Job Segment:
Analytics, Data Analyst, Strategist, ERP, Management, Data, Strategy, Technology, Research