Senior UX Designer
Reference ID: 669958
Amazon Web Services Commerce Platform (AWS CP) is reinventing how customers transact money with AWS. Customers want simple payments interfaces that scale with the continually growing selection of AWS products and evolving payment options. AWS CP is seeking a self-driven, innovative, Senior UX Designer to reinvent AWS payment services with simplicity and flexibility required by our diverse customers.
In this role, you'll work with a cross-functional, highly capable team of designers, researchers, product managers and engineers, inventing and iterating on end-to-end workflows and product experiences. You'll develop your ideas with sketches, prototypes, wireframes and story boards, and confidently communicate your vision to senior executives to influence the best experience for our customers.
• Simplify and distill complex business processes into intuitive product experiences.
• Create and rapidly iterate on ideas using process flows, prototypes, wireframes, and high-fidelity designs to effectively communicate design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors.
• Participate in the discovery and planning of new products and features while helping drive the design vision across our product suite.
• Lead and mentor other designers, product managers, and engineers.
• Identify opportunities to experiment and apply new technologies and interaction patterns to solve customer problems.
• Connect directly with AWS Customers to gather feedback to inform design decisions
• Work closely with UX Research in the development and evaluation of personas, usability studies, and testing.
Basic Qualifications • At least 8 years of experience in UX design, with at least 2 years designing enterprise experiences (web, mobile, device, software, or other media).
• Bachelor's degree in Design, HCI, or related field or equivalent professional experience.
• A strong portfolio of innovative design work that demonstrates proficiency in interaction design.
• Proficiency with design tools (e.g, Sketch, InVision, InDesign, Photoshop, Axure, Omnigraffle).
• Experience mentoring designers and leading complex projects.
• Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
Preferred Qualifications • Proficiency with rapid prototyping platforms (e.g, InVision, HTML/CSS, Flinto, Hype).
• Enterprise software design experience in a global context.
• The ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clear and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of organization.
Posted: October 15, 2018
Closes: December 14, 2018