Who You Are…
At Hootsuite, our User Research team inspires change through robust, rich and actionable insights that fuel every stage of the product development lifecycle.
Alongside your fellow User Researchers, you'll collaborate closely with a team of product designers, product managers, and other cross-functional partners - leveraging your expertise to conduct best-in-class multi-method research. You'll quickly become a beacon of deep, research-driven insights and product expertise. You'll help the team's understanding of our customers' behaviours and motivations - revealing what our customers need from our products. You'll also help our product designers develop experiences for our users that are intuitive, usable, accessible, and magical.
You're a highly collaborative user researcher who is experienced with a wide variety of methodologies and processes. You help the team choose the optimal methodology for each initiative, and you excel at creating and delivering exciting verbal, written, and visual presentations that inspire and aid user-centered design. You communicate your findings in a clear and impactful way - always advocating for users' needs - and incorporate design thinking into your recommendations. You can effectively influence beyond your individual contributions. Your passion for the importance of user research in the design process is evident through your daily work and evangelism of user research at Hootsuite. This is met equally with a hunger for user research throughout the organization.
You have 7+ years of experience conducting primary research in a professional setting. An MA/MS in human factors, psychology, market research or related field or equivalent industry experience. Responsibilities....
You're Great At…
- Identify the research needs for product design initiatives in collaboration with your team lead, and key Product stakeholders.
- Design, plan and conduct practical and impactful primary and secondary research across product lifecycles - from exploratory to evaluative and everything in between - to understand customer motivations, behaviours, workflows, and needs
- Share findings, insights, and recommendations with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Developers - helping to create a more informed and empathetic product team
- Facilitate workshops to instill research findings into the product team's collective knowledge and to incorporate into the product development process
- Help the User Research team to mentor, coach, and educate the wider Product team on user research best practices, enabling research activities to scale effectively beyond the core User Research team
- Help the User Research team develop standardized processes, templates, and artefacts to govern best-practice.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of trends and best practices in user research
- Collaborate closely with Hootsuite's Data Lab team, to obtain and generate data-driven insights
- Participate in outreach and raising the visibility of the User Research team within Hootsuite, by teaching, telling stories, and sharing valuable insights
- Distilling complicated situations to their essence, and communicating plans and results intelligently and compellingly
- Effectively influencing beyond your individual contributions. This includes harmonizing discordant views, navigating complex challenges to best outcomes, and steering people across the company toward better solutions
- A range of research methodologies, including contextual inquiry, interviews, surveys, validation testing
- Facilitating workshops and training others on research skills
- Experience in the creation of data dashboards and defining data queries
- Background in UX design and best practices
Hootsuite is an inclusive employer. Every effort will be made to provide accommodations requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.