Description We are open to applicants in either San Jose, CA or Vancouver, BC.
Absolute Software is looking for an experienced and talented User Interface Designer and Developer with full stack web application development experience in a Linux/Unix environment. The candidate should have the ability to prototype, design and build a responsive web application using well known web development application frameworks.Responsibilities:
- Prototype, model and design innovative and responsive user interface designs
- Analyze vast amounts of data and develop a new complex frontend to visualize and display raw as well as derived data in a multitude of ways
- Develop a fully functional web application that aligns with business objectives
- Define development practices and coding architecture that supports a secure, high performance, scalable and maintainable web application with optimal resource utilization
- Promote agile and strict test and validation practices
- Stay on top of latest technology trends, libraries and frameworks relevant to develop captivating user interfaces and data visualizations
Why Work For Us:
- Bachelor's degree in CS/EE
- 5+ years of professional web application development experience
- Hands-on expertise in MVC frameworks (e.g. Django)
- Hands-on expertise in client side UI frameworks such as BootStrap, AngularJS, ReactJS etc.
- Experience with prototyping and wireframing tools such as Balsamiq, Sketch or Axure
- Experience with data visualization libraries such as d3, Protovis, HighCharts etc.
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL, Elastic Search and Kibana is essential
- Working knowledge of using RESTful web services and APIs
- Experience working in an agile development environment with local and remote teams
- Working knowledge of different data infrastructures: RDBMS and NoSQL
- Experience identifying browser performance bottlenecks and optimizing render and interaction speed.
- Knowledge of Docker & Kubernetes would be beneficial for the role
- Experience working in a Linux environment and using relevant tools for development and testing
- Programming experience in Python, Ruby or Java
Absolute is the new standard for endpoint visibility and control, delivering self-healing endpoint security, always-connected IT asset management, and continuous data visibility-both on and off the network. Unlike other endpoint security agent solutions that can be corrupted, compromised or deleted, Absolute can self-heal itself and other critical applications through our patented Persistence technology that is embedded in the firmware of over 1 billion endpoints. No other security company can make this claim.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in Austin, Texas, Reading, UK and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, we are a collaborative and innovative place to make your mark in the world of security. Our agile, high energy culture rewards top performance and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We celebrate our wins in our large common areas where we hold engineering hackathons, end of quarter celebrations, and monthly socials. We believe in a good work / life balance which is reflected in our annual employee retreat where it's all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel .
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.
Software and Programming Information Technology