Would you like to experience what it would have felt like to join Amazon in 1995? Do you want to join a team with experience launching complex and challenging projects? Are you an experienced and accomplished technical program / project manager excited by the challenge of defining the vision and leading teams in expanding Amazon's India business? The Amazon India team launched the business from the ground up and is making our products work for our customers in this new region. We think big and develop platform solutions that can be extended to other marketplaces and new businesses.
The Amazon India Customer Contribution and Profile Team located in Vancouver is looking for a technology leader to define, organize and lead high-performing teams across Amazon in delivering projects for our new marketplace, Amazon India. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team that will be responsible for building a successful, sustainable and strategic business for Amazon.in, from the ground up. A Technical Program Manager position in Amazon is a role reserved for the few outstanding technical leaders with exceptional accomplishments in program and project management. If you feel excited by the challenge of setting the course for large company wide initiatives, building and launching customer facing products in international locales and being hands-on involved in the delivery of these initiatives, this may be the next big career move for you.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on project and program management skills, leading large cross-functional projects from definition to launch.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager on the team:
• You will have end to end ownership of cross-functional projects, including product definition, roadmap planning, resource planning and project execution.
• Along with business initiatives, you will also lead the definition and execution of strategic projects aimed at reducing the total cost and time to market for launch.
• You will work closely with business and operations leadership, including executive leadership at Amazon, to define the product and provide updates on the program.
• At the heart of this role is delivery. You will be hands-on in driving the delivery of critical business initiatives, managing all aspects of the project such as project planning, requirements definition, risk management, communication, and implementation planning.
• You will be a technical problem solver on the team, identifying innovative solutions to project deadlocks and resolving issues and constraints through consensus and sound judgment.
• You will be responsible for making project decisions, achieving tactical goals while retaining a strategic focus.
• You will work closely with the development teams comprised of SDEs, Applied Scientists, Product Managers, UX Designers, QA and play a leadership role in product architecture and designBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
• 5+ years of Software Development experience; 5+ years of experience in leading engineering teams to concensus
• Technology background, especially in a service-oriented environment with a deep understanding of software development and e-commerce products.
• Deep understanding of project and program management with 5-7 years of experience in a fast-paced environment taking a product through its complete lifecycle using Agile methodologies and delivering highly scalable and robust systems.
• Proven track record of leading large cross-functional software projects.
• Proven experience with e-commerce platforms, merchants or logistics considered a plus.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
• Deep hands-on technical expertise. Experience in delivering customer facing features through science and engineering innovations.
• Strong business and technical vision.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time.
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet timelines with optimal solutions.
• Ability to roll up sleeves and operate as an individual contributor to get the job done; at the same time, be able to guide a team toward an objective.
• Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders and key partners for the program.
• Strong judgment, especially relevant in balancing long term strategic investments with near term business goals.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with developers, business owners, and senior business leaders.
• Able to provide architectural guidance and direction throughout the project lifecycle.