Do you have passion for how the cloud can accelerate innovation for organizations of all shapes and sizes? At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we are obsessed with helping customers revolutionize the way they build and run their applications, helping them bring their ideas to market faster and at a lower cost. That is whether they are making a website, delivering mobile apps, training machine learning models, powering virtual worlds or sequencing the human genome. Our platform provides convenient access to an extensive selection of compute and related networking services. You will be at the forefront of Cloud technologies with interactions across the full breadth of AWS services. You will be surrounded by people that are smart, passionate about cloud computing, and on a mission to be the World Class Standard for Customer Experience.
AWS Support is a one-on-one, fast-response support channel that is staffed 24x7x365 with experienced and technical support engineers. The service helps customers of all sizes and technical abilities to successfully utilize the products and features provided by Amazon Web Services. Customers include very large Enterprises (; Public Sector companies as well as fast growing businesses and internet companies. The AWS Support organization is global with 17 locations around the world. Unlike most support organizations, AWS Support is a self-standing business with revenue and P&L responsibility and one of the fastest growing businesses within AWS.
AWS Support is redefining the IT and Enterprise Support industry with breakthrough products like Trusted Advisor and Personal Health Dashboard. To create the best experience for all AWS customers, we are an opt-in service with our own P&L and have to earn our business every month.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a technical program manager (TPM) to manage multiple programs / projects for AWS Support in product and pricing division. This is a new, challenging, and highly visible position. In this position, you will play a pivotal role in defining AWS Support product, pricing and increasing support adoption and revenues while tirelessly championing the needs of our customers. We are looking for a leader to own and evolve our customer success focused support offerings.
Technical Program Managers in AWS Support handle much of the heavy lifting of making sure that large scale projects in Amazon are run efficiently and effectively. You will be responsible for identifying the stakeholders, driving to set roadmaps and strategies for the program, driving delivery, reporting status, and holding the bar on product quality. TPMs handle complex inter-team dependencies and bridge the gaps in technical management. You will need to work with many different domain people include finance, sales, Business development, engineers, customer support and many different teams to drive high profile projects and establish service levels and contracts been service teams.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Drive the roadmap for the team in alignment with business strategies and priorities.
• Prioritize the intake and manage the backlog of requests.
• Act as the technical and functional interface between the partner teams and software development.
• Run in front of the software development team, helping define user stories, research appropriate technical solutions, and provide guidance to the team regarding architecture, design, and priorities
• Translate feature requests into technical specifications and influence design and architectural decisions
• Apply project management and Agile methodology skills to manage scope, plan work, coordinate resource deployment on tasks, analyze risks/develop mitigation strategies and proactively identify and resolve issues.
• Help make the right feature trade-offs to ship software without compromising customer experience or business relevance
• Engage with many teams across the company, evangelizing the team and your project, building relationships and helping identify existing components and technologies that can be leveraged to deliver on our goals
• Provide leadership and perspective, and drive stakeholders to decisions in ambiguous situations.
• Apply continuous improvement methodologies to analyze and understand existing processes and workflowsBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 3+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
• Exceptional written and verbal communication, and comfortable presenting in large groups and handling high-pressure communication with senior management
• Experience with managing large cross-functional projects
• Thorough understanding of service delivery lifecycle from conception to delivery
• A proven track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
• Able to collect, analyze and present data sets support project goals and initiativesPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
§ MBA or equivalent master's degree from a top MBA program
§ Demonstrated success translating complex qualitative and quantitative customer feedback into successful products/features/solutions
§ Entrepreneurial spirit with track record for delivering results in fast-moving environments
§ Experience with agile software development methodologies like scrum
§ Previous experience managing Software-as-a-Service technology
§ Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
§ Excellent verbal & written communication skills
§ Understanding of AWS
§ Proficient with web services technologies
§ Proficient in SQL
§ Demonstrated experience with pricing models and analysis, in a B2B setting
§ Developing, implementing and leading long term pricing strategies.
§ Developing and implementing entitlement management practices, policies, processes and systems
§ Skill in writing concise, logical, analytical reports and notes to justify pricing recommendations and decisions
§ Experience creating services offerings for Enterprise customers
§ Previous experience managing Software-as-a-Service technology
§ Demonstrable success in delivering high quality products/services in a very high growth environment where priorities shift rapidly
§ Ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly and understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong, talented, opinionated team
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us/.
Management and Executive