AWS is excited to share that we're hiring for a team building a new AWS service from the ground up for the Media & Entertainment industry. Do you want to transform an entire market segment? Do you like to work with artists and creative people with a rich diversity of backgrounds?
As a Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM), you manage the lifecycle of complex, cross-functional technology initiatives and drive program improvements that are quantified with metrics. You work closely with software engineers, product owners, stakeholders, and other internal Amazon teams to deliver and support high quality, cutting edge services. The right candidate will have a deep understanding of technical program management and engineering best practices; demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects; and a well-rounded technical background. Maturity, excellent problem solving ability, strong communication skills and the ability to influence are also essential to success. TPMs must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities.
If you are an influential technical leader who has a knack for getting things done, we want to talk to you!
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. We are distributed across many locations: Seattle, Palo Alto, San Francisco, LA, Vancouver and Winnipeg. In general, we try to keep core availability hours from 10am to 4pm. We have our fair share of early birds and night owls, so there is almost always someone available to chat, help or answer questions.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Developing our people is celebrated as part of our team culture. We are dedicated to supporting each other and you will get plenty of opportunities to share your unique knowledge and to mentor others. We believe that developing others is an integral part of developing yourself and we have a very diverse collection of backgrounds, levels of experience and Amazon tenure to support this.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ AgeBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 7+ years of technical program management or similar technical experience managing the lifecycle of complex, cross-functional technology initiatives.
• 5+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience building and launching cloud-based services.
• Experience in a Media & Entertainment role.
• Proven ability to set and achieve objectives that are quantified with metrics.
• Proven ability to proactively identify challenges, mitigate risks and solve ambiguous problems.
• Proven ability to drive simplification and efficiency in development processes.
• Broad knowledge of networking fundamentals and cloud-based service architecture.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
• Experience working in partnership with Legal, Security, and Finance.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Management and Executive