At Amazon, we're working to be the most Customer-centric company on earth. One customer experience that we're looking to take to a new level is how we develop and deliver technologies to Amazonians. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of all Amazonians by ensuring that they have the tools, technologies, and products available where and when they need it, as quickly, and cost-effectively as possible. To meet this goal, Amazon is continually striving to innovate and provide best in class service through Amazon's IT organization.
Amazon IT Services is looking for a motivated and inventive leader with a strong background in technology program innovation and interpersonal skills to manage large-scale and cross-functional technical product design and development roadmaps that deliver results. We need an individual that can define complex and fast-paced program spaces into simple and compelling plans that inspire successful execution. The successful candidate will manage technical projects and workstreams within our product management and development team, maintain critical services used by hundreds of thousands of Amazonians, and drive new innovation by working with customers to develop greenfield solutions for Amazon's evolving needs. In this role, you will be at the forefront of enhancing productivity for Amazonians through well-scaled, highly available, and integrated solutions, and you will be surrounded by smart people who are passionate to set the world class customer experience and engineering excellence standard.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM), you will be responsible for driving and delivering multiple complex projects simultaneously. In this role, you will provide project leadership, anticipate bottlenecks, mitigate project risks, quantify the impact of making tradeoffs, and balance business needs against technical constraints. You will provide technical leadership that gets software applications built and integrated into the AWS ecosystem. You will work closely with stakeholders across various design, software and business teams to identify and drive innovative solutions that achieve business goals and align with long-term product roadmaps.
Our ideal candidate will have a well-rounded PM/TPM background, with demonstrated experience leading cross-organizational technical program management projects, and will have a deep technical background in building platforms leveraged by many.
The key job functions of the role:
• Manage large, complex technology initiatives, delivering critical solutions, significant improvements, new mechanisms, or deprecating systems that are no longer needed. These efforts require work with multiple teams in and/or across organizations.
• Successfully manage all stages (from concept to delivery).
• Meets challenging business goals and/or shows measurable improvements in efficiency or experience for customers, employees/engineers, or business area.
• Understand the architecture of the systems you work with (e.g., workflows, APIs, runtime characteristics, design limitations, and maintenance requirements).
• Influence team technical priorities and business strategy through data-driven contributions.
• Make a case for project priorities, resource allocation to achieve a desired business outcome, resolve an architecture deficiency, or unblock delivery.
• Communicate ideas effectively, verbally and in writing, to a wide range of audiences including Directors and VPs.
• Foster a constructive dialogue, harmonize discordant views, and lead the resolution of contentious issues (build consensus).
• Partner successfully with customers, stakeholders, and engineering teams.
• Set a great example to others in technical program management practices, deliver the right things, define clear goals and objectives, drive crisp decisions in the program area about what projects move forward and in what priority order, proactively identify risks and bring them to the attention of the team and stakeholders with plans for mitigation before they become roadblocks.
• Judiciously add, refine, and remove procedures. Increase the productivity and effectiveness of the teams you work with by applying project management best practices.
• Actively participate in the hiring process as well as mentor others - improving their skills and ability to get things done.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 6+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalentPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience working with self-service and/or ML based products
• Working on products that support operations or customer service organizations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Management and Executive