Amazon Web Services (AWS) is one of Amazon's fastest growing businesses. It services millions of customers, from startups to enterprises, in more than 190 countries and powers the developers who are building the next generation of global industry leaders. AWS runs a globally distributed environment, operating at massive levels of scale. Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) is an object storage service in AWS that offers industry-leading scalability, data availability, security, and performance. With trillions of objects under management for applications such as websites, mobile applications, backups, archives, IoT devices, and big data analytics, we are one of the most successful services anywhere. But, we're not resting on our laurels. It's still the early days for cloud computing, and there are boundless opportunities to continue to redefine the world of storage.
Amazon S3 is looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to lead an area of strategic importance to the S3 business as part of the S3 Frontend organization. You will interface daily with product managers, engineers, and management teams across AWS. You can expect to work across different AWS teams to drive cross-organization customer-facing feature deliveries and lead programs that directly impact and improve the S3 customer experience. You will need to think across the entire lifecycle of a program and feature delivery and be able to put in place scalable mechanisms that drive results. You will need to be hands on and capable of thinking about S3 just like a developer. Our focus is on delivering cutting-edge solutions that delight our customers at massive scale, and for critical workloads that power our customer's businesses. Come and help us do that!
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Our team is made up of Technical Program Managers in all stages of their career, from new TPMs, to 10-15 year industry veterans. We work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Work-life Balance: Our team works together to provide work/life balance for all team members. We recognize that the circumstances of our team members vary, and we balance work across the team so we're all able to maintain standards on behalf of our customers, while at the same time allowing for rich and happy personal lives.
On-Call Responsibility: S3 services are highly available, but there are times when we occasionally stray away from our normal operations. To minimize the impact of such excursions, we have on-call rotations. However, we set these up so there are focused time periods when you are on-call and when you are not, so you can focus on your day job when not on-call.
Mentorship & Career Growth: We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level, etc. You can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Inclusive Team Culture: We have a diverse team and drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Our team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Amazon Women and Engineering, and LGBTQ+
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
At a minimum, you have:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Mathematics, other related fields, or equivalent experience
• 6+ years of experience in security, software engineering, compliance, or process management work in support of a technical environment
• Experience in managing complex projects or programs at scalePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• You are a natural analyst
• Your curiosity leads to you dive into new areas and learn everything you can
• You are comfortable exploring new technologies
• You are quick to understand new concepts and incorporate new tools into your repertoire
• You are able to dive into deep technical design discussions, summarize complex trade-offs and options, and make data-driven recommendations
• You have a clear understanding of cloud computing services and deployment architecture
• You are a skilled writer, you have excellent instincts and judgement
• You quickly earn the trust and respect of your colleagues and customers by relentlessly delivering on your commitments
• You lead by example, and hold yourself and those around you to the highest standards
• You have a track record of delivering technical programs, projects, and products in a highly technical environment
• You are comfortable designing and owning a product roadmap, and your project execution is near flawless
• You have a strong work ethic based on your desire to exceed expectations
• You have demonstrated the ability to succeed in a very fast-paced, results-oriented environment
• You have strong bias for action with ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines
• MBA or equivalent experience preferred
Management and Executive