At Plenty of Fish we are designing new features and redesigning our applications to make the experience of our millions of current users, and the 50,000+ new daily users, even better.
We are on the hunt for a data-driven Senior Technical Product Manager to drive the design, development, and strategy for a key part of our core product experience in our mobile and web applications used by millions of people every day. We are looking for someone who can understand complex social dynamics and ecosystems, identify new opportunities to deliver great value and excite our users, who is adept at defining and executing a product roadmap, and who will inspire key stakeholders to work towards a common vision.
Sound like you? Great. We want to hear from you. What will you do?
As one of the largest brands in the Match Group (the owner of Tinder, OkCupid, Match.com), you will be responsible for defining the product vision and executing the product roadmap to achieve that vision for our core product experience.
You create and define "What" and the "Why" as you consume information, both qualitative and quantitative, processing it into a vision and communicating and championing it, while working with the development and design teams who focus on the "how" and "when".
What does our ideal candidate look like?
- End-to-end ownership of your product domain
- Leading your cross-functional team to discover and write the job stories, specs, and acceptance criteria for new features and improvements
- Conducting rapid iteration, starting with prototyping, all the way through to production A/B experiments then full roll out
- Prioritizing the backlog and day to day work for your cross-functional team (Design, Business Analysts, Data Scientists, Engineers, and Ops) to deliver business and customer value on a regular cadence
- Monitoring key benchmarks, analytics, and experiment results every day to ensure the health of your product
- Typically 10+ years of experience with 5+ years of direct technical product management experience
- Proven history of making data-driven decisions to prioritize and ship products successfully in a high pace environment
- Experience building and leading a cross-functional, agile team with many competing priorities and outcomes
- Self-starter and independent decision maker
- A natural communicator and active listener, who can inspire a team and share a vision to execs
- Advanced technical acumen with the ability to dive deep into technology with the Software Engineering team
- Strong research, analytical, and problem solving skills
- A strong networker, who is active in the tech community
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent experience as an Engineer
- Experience launching a social network or marketplace platform product
- Experience with Design Thinking
- Engineering Management experience
- Startup experience
At Plenty of Fish, the foundation of our success has always been our people, and their dedication to making connections and conversations happen for our users.
Since 2003, we’ve been growing a team of passionate, driven individuals to build and enhance our platform that’s used by millions of people all over the world, every single day.
We’ve gotten to where we are by cultivating a high-performance culture, operating responsibly, and investing in our technology and our people. At Plenty of Fish, we embrace our work, and relish a cause for celebration.
Posted: November 11, 2018
Closes: January 10, 2019