December 11, 2018
Reporting to the Supervisor, Operational Analytics, the Senior Technical Analyst is responsible for delivering and maintaining leading edge technology that is transforming the way Teck operates its large-scale mining operations worldwide. Technologies include simulation, artificial-intelligence, machine learning, and business intelligence. This position offers a compressed work week with alternating Fridays off, and comes with a competitive pay and benefits package. Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Support innovation initiatives at Teck such as Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Internet of Things, and Augmented and Virtual Reality initiatives
- Design and drive the implementation of Operational Analytics systems to optimize the safety, productivity, and sustainability of Teck's mining facilities worldwide
- Provide development, enhancement, and support of Operational Analytics systems throughout Teck's mining operations worldwide
- Solve complex technical problems with stakeholders in operations by designing and developing sustainable solutions
- Implement sustainable integrations between Operational Analytics systems and other business systems throughout Teck
- Effectively communicate project status to people at all levels of the organization
- Maintain application and system documentation
- Facilitate and support incident response and forensics for Analytics applications and systems
- Administrate Operational Analytics systems and applications as well as supporting required infrastructure including servers and databases
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering or Software Engineering is preferred. Other engineering disciplines or a Computer Science degree may be considered
- Five or more years of progressively senior level experience delivering and supporting software and analytic systems in an industrial setting, preferably in mining
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Excellent analytical, root cause analysis, andproblem solvingskills
- Familiarity with programing technologies and languages including Microsoft's Power BI tools, SQL, SSRS, SSIS, TFS, .NET, C#, Python and Visual Basic
- Knowledge of Google Cloud Platform and Machine Learning would be an asset
- Knowledge of general computer controls related to operations, information security, and change management of systems software, application source code, network, and system database technologies
- Strong, collaborative approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Familiarity with organizational change management would be an asset.
- Working level Spanish would be an asset
- Ability to travel as necessary to support Teck's mining operations in North and South America
- Valid class five driver's license with a clean driving record
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
#LI-CP2 Job Segment:
Engineer, Social Media, Sustainability, Computer Science, Engineering, Marketing, Mining, Energy, Technology